“A Picky Customer”
Review of Motel 6 Anniston

Motel 6 Anniston
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Im a very picky person. I was very nurvous about renting from Motel 6, because I thought it was going to be a dump. Most of the reviews I read made me worry even more. This Motel 6 WAS NOT as bad as I thought. When I walked in, I thought because it was cheep, it was going to stink and be dirty, but to my relief it was very clean and the beds were overall comfortable. I had 2 beds in a smokeing room. One bed was very comfortable but make alot of squeeking noises. I swaped beds and it was a little less comfy but didnt squeek while I was trying to fall asleep, so I was happy. The Bathroom was very clean. The only problem I had was the sink had very little water pressure. I stayed for 2 days and they did not come and clean my room between days. So there were no fresh towles for the shower after the first day. The front desk lady was very nice especialy with me checking in at 3am. She was a bit odd, but very friendly and very helpful. Over all I would reccomend staying, just be sure and ask for extra towels as you check-in lol

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed August 2, 2012

From Motel 6, I expect a reasonable price, a clean, comfortable room with bath and TV and a good cup of coffee the next morning; and I got it. The non-smoking room smelled of cigarette smoke; they changed it to another that didn't smell as bad. The staff was very accommodating, even warming my muffins in the staff microwave to go with the morning coffee. It was a pretty good value, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Smell the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pperrin
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I am not a person who is picky- I'm very easy going and will stay almost anywhere as long it it is clean. This Motel 6 is BY FAR the worst, most disgusting place I've ever stayed. The worst part was the smell- it smelled like a bar at 2:30am- and there was a terrible stale cigarette smell in the room, and it was a non-smoking room. There was stains all over the faded and old carpet. The bathroom was absolutely foul. AGAIN DO NOT STAY HERE. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU DO.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank John D
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The room was clean. The bed was reasonably comfortable. The price was right, and the location was good.

Room Tip: Down and out always works. Beats hauling everything upstairs.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank advocon
Reviewed July 4, 2011

you're charged for wifi. the staff is rude. the wifi hardly works! beds are uncomfortable. linens were dirty. carpets are disgusting. staff is rude. location isn't so great. jus go to comfort inn and suites or baymount.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank rawrrawr
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was on a long haul between Washington DC & Texas and decided to stay in this area as a good halfway point. I am usually always a fan of Motel 6 because of their pet policy (I usually have a small dog with me). While the room was average for a Motel 6, the location seemed real sketchy with lots of questionable characters walking around outside. My biggest sticking point was when I checked in the clerk started rattling off so much information regarding security such as "now over us is a security camera that will verify your identity...is this a correct drivers license?...I need to verify that this is the correct car plate number....etc etc" that I felt like I being booked at the local jail. I am a professional, clean cut teacher in my 30's so I didn't really feel like all that was necessary...though I guess a lot of times I guess that's what you get when you are staying at a budget hotel. I also thought the street layouts were a nightmare around the hotel trying to get to a restaurant, gas station, etc. Anyways, overall I guess you get what you pay for, however, I don't know if I would stay at this particular location again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stopped here for the night on our way to Charleston and it was awful. I didn't expect much, especially because of the low price, but what we got wasn't even worth the $30 we paid. I'm not convinced that the linens were clean, but I can't say for sure one way or another. The entire hotel was full, there were several loud rooms around us, and we slept very little. At about 1am, a car in the parking lot began blasting loud music, and the manager came out and started a shouting match with the vehicle owner. At about 2am, several cars left the hotel all at once, screeching their tires and honking their horns. There are several other hotels in this area, and I wish we had gotten our money back and gone somewhere else. We couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple