“THE WORST OF THE WORST”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Los Angeles
“THE WORST OF THE WORST”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I am not a person who is picky- I'm very easy going and will stay almost anywhere as long it it is clean. This Motel 6 is BY FAR the worst, most disgusting place I've ever stayed. The worst part was the smell- it smelled like a bar at 2:30am- and there was a terrible stale cigarette smell in the room, and it was a non-smoking room. There was stains all over the faded and old carpet. The bathroom was absolutely foul. AGAIN DO NOT STAY HERE. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU DO.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The room was clean. The bed was reasonably comfortable. The price was right, and the location was good.

Room Tip: Down and out always works. Beats hauling everything upstairs.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank advocon
Reviewed July 4, 2011

you're charged for wifi. the staff is rude. the wifi hardly works! beds are uncomfortable. linens were dirty. carpets are disgusting. staff is rude. location isn't so great. jus go to comfort inn and suites or baymount.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank rawrrawr
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was on a long haul between Washington DC & Texas and decided to stay in this area as a good halfway point. I am usually always a fan of Motel 6 because of their pet policy (I usually have a small dog with me). While the room was average for a Motel 6, the location seemed real sketchy with lots of questionable characters walking around outside. My biggest sticking point was when I checked in the clerk started rattling off so much information regarding security such as "now over us is a security camera that will verify your identity...is this a correct drivers license?...I need to verify that this is the correct car plate number....etc etc" that I felt like I being booked at the local jail. I am a professional, clean cut teacher in my 30's so I didn't really feel like all that was necessary...though I guess a lot of times I guess that's what you get when you are staying at a budget hotel. I also thought the street layouts were a nightmare around the hotel trying to get to a restaurant, gas station, etc. Anyways, overall I guess you get what you pay for, however, I don't know if I would stay at this particular location again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Arkansas
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stopped here for the night on our way to Charleston and it was awful. I didn't expect much, especially because of the low price, but what we got wasn't even worth the $30 we paid. I'm not convinced that the linens were clean, but I can't say for sure one way or another. The entire hotel was full, there were several loud rooms around us, and we slept very little. At about 1am, a car in the parking lot began blasting loud music, and the manager came out and started a shouting match with the vehicle owner. At about 2am, several cars left the hotel all at once, screeching their tires and honking their horns. There are several other hotels in this area, and I wish we had gotten our money back and gone somewhere else. We couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Jonesboro, AR
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I pass through Oxford at least 5 or 6 times a year and always stay here. It's really a great little motel. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, and the rates are great. The staff is always super friendly as well.

If you want to use internet, be aware that only certain rooms have wireless and you have to request that room, and purchase a 24 hour wireless code for I think $3. No big deal when you're only paying 30-35 a night for a room.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Newnan
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I normally stay at this inn when I'm in the Oxford/Anniston area. (which is 10-12 times a year). The inn was sold to different owners about a year ago and has gone down since. On my last stay on 9-5-08, I could not believe how dirty the carpet was. It was gross. The room smelled like vomit and a wet dog. There was a huge stain about 5' X 5' next to the bed. Who knows what that was. There was vomit and/or crap on the bathroom wall.
This very well may be that last stay at this inn.

Stayed September 2008