“comfortable”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Augusta, Georgia
“comfortable”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was very spacious, comfortable, and the breakfast was simple but very fresh and tasty. The staff was friendly, plenty of parking space, we had a utility trailer on the back of our truck and needed room.

Room Tip: pet friendly
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bakersfield, California, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had to stay in the Jameson Inn a few weeks ago (September 2012), I was in the area for a funeral. The room was the absolute worst place I have every stayed. At first the lobby was locked - it was about 12:30 A.M. Eventually someone came and I checked in. Then I went to the room. The ice bucket had mold on the inside lid. The dresser had glass outlines where it had not been cleaned. The shampoo was 1/3 used. There were no bath towels (2 washclothes and 2 hand towels). I had the misfortune of looking under the sink for towels and there was an empty Red Bull can and hundreds of dead bugs and other trash!! The chair and ottoman looked like someone had thrown up on it and the smell was not much better. I couldn't stand to find out any more about the room. When I went to the front desk the next morning neither person at the desk seemed concerned nor surprised. They said they would have to find out who cleaned the room last. (To me, this did not look like a one time oversight.) And this was not a race weekend or any reason the room could not have been clean, it was a Thursday night in September.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark G

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Due to contraints placed upon me (CLC) by the company I work for, I was forced to stay in this hotel. Jameson Inn is NOT MY CHOICE. This particular hotel is the normal "garden variety" ecomomy hotel. But I found a couple of additional problems. First problem was the WI-FI. I could NOT connect. The hotel staff rebooted their system and contacted their provider (HOTAIR) to no avail. I was instructed to contact their provider, HOTAIR (WTF is this all about) which I did. After an hour on the phone, I still had no connection and was assured by the rep that the problem was on MY end, not the hotel. I rode down the street to the nearest McDonalds and connected fine (not the hotel problem, eh?)
The weight training equipment in the fitness room had missing cables rendering it useless (this is common at Jameson Inn). Upon check-out I mentioned this problem to morning clerk who "claimed" a note would be made (right!).
The room was average for a Jameson....stained carpet, peeling wallpaper, etc. Be advised that there a large number of hotels in the same 1 block area....everything from Sleep Inn up to a Hilton Inn and Suites. Do the right thing....spend a couple of dollars more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Jameson Inn two times recently and I was very satisfied. I got a great priceline deal ($35 a night + tax!). The beds were very comfortable, especially for a two-star hotel, my boyfriend joked that we slept like the couple on the Tempur-Pedic commercials.

The air conditioner was quiet and I didn't hear any noises from rooms around us. The room was clean. The pool was clean. Is it worth 200-something bucks a night? No. But it was a good deal for us and is at least on the same level with other hotels in its star-level.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
oxfordalji, General Manager at Quality Inn Oxford, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Djken 49,

First of all I would like to apologize for any problems that you may have had with our Wi-fi connection, we are always striving to make our guest's comfortable while they stay with us at the Jameson Inn. If you ever have any problems with your room, we are more then willing to move you to another room. Our guest satisfaction is our main goal.

Debbie Otwell
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel was terrible. For 269.00 per night it was awful. Upon entering the room it smelled of mildew. Once we unpacked and looked around a bit......... we could write our name in the dust that was in the room. The breakfast was a JOKE. We booked a King Premium Room.... there was NOTHING premium about this hotel. I will NEVER stay in a Jamison again. I would have gotten better service from a motel with hourly rates!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
oxfordalji, General Manager at Quality Inn Oxford, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Sandy Chisholmch.

I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us in May. During Talladega Race Weekend rates are increased. Our premium rooms all have microwaves, refrigerator's and new 37" flat panel Tv's in them. Once again I apologize for any problems that you had with your stay.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The days of a company rewarding you for your loyalty are just over. No one knows how to treat you anymore. No one cares. I had been coming to this place for many years, but it's just not the same. Unclean and unprofessional. The line-level staff are the only redeeming quality - they are very friendly, but from the condition of the rooms, the shrinking variety on the breakfast, and a host of other small details that add up, it is apparent that the corporate culture has taken a turn for the worst.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We used a coupon we picked up at the Alabama Welcome Center. Unlike some of the previous reviews, I found our room to be clean and well-maintained. Yes, you do get a little highway noise but the a/c will mask that. The breakfast area was clean with about the average variety of food for a budget motel. For a one night stop, I can't complain.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family