“Good Experiences at the Jameson Inn”
Review of Quality Inn Oxford

Quality Inn Oxford
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Tucson, Arizona
“Good Experiences at the Jameson Inn”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Jameson Inn two times recently and I was very satisfied. I got a great priceline deal ($35 a night + tax!). The beds were very comfortable, especially for a two-star hotel, my boyfriend joked that we slept like the couple on the Tempur-Pedic commercials.

The air conditioner was quiet and I didn't hear any noises from rooms around us. The room was clean. The pool was clean. Is it worth 200-something bucks a night? No. But it was a good deal for us and is at least on the same level with other hotels in its star-level.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
oxfordalji, General Manager at Quality Inn Oxford, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Djken 49,

First of all I would like to apologize for any problems that you may have had with our Wi-fi connection, we are always striving to make our guest's comfortable while they stay with us at the Jameson Inn. If you ever have any problems with your room, we are more then willing to move you to another room. Our guest satisfaction is our main goal.

Debbie Otwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel was terrible. For 269.00 per night it was awful. Upon entering the room it smelled of mildew. Once we unpacked and looked around a bit......... we could write our name in the dust that was in the room. The breakfast was a JOKE. We booked a King Premium Room.... there was NOTHING premium about this hotel. I will NEVER stay in a Jamison again. I would have gotten better service from a motel with hourly rates!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
oxfordalji, General Manager at Quality Inn Oxford, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Sandy Chisholmch.

I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us in May. During Talladega Race Weekend rates are increased. Our premium rooms all have microwaves, refrigerator's and new 37" flat panel Tv's in them. Once again I apologize for any problems that you had with your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The days of a company rewarding you for your loyalty are just over. No one knows how to treat you anymore. No one cares. I had been coming to this place for many years, but it's just not the same. Unclean and unprofessional. The line-level staff are the only redeeming quality - they are very friendly, but from the condition of the rooms, the shrinking variety on the breakfast, and a host of other small details that add up, it is apparent that the corporate culture has taken a turn for the worst.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We used a coupon we picked up at the Alabama Welcome Center. Unlike some of the previous reviews, I found our room to be clean and well-maintained. Yes, you do get a little highway noise but the a/c will mask that. The breakfast area was clean with about the average variety of food for a budget motel. For a one night stop, I can't complain.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The first room that I was assigned to was room 309. When I opened the door, there was dog food in the floor. When I looked at the beds, both were covered with dog hair. I went back to the front desk. The attendant Scott apologized and assigned me another room. A king, non smoking was not available, so I agreed for a double. When I opened the door to room 121, it smelled of smoke, but I thought a good spray of Febreeze would change that. I unloaded my stuff and headed over to a nearby Target to get my remaining supplies. Upon my return to the room, I could hear the smoke detector going off when I got out of my car. I called the front desk and Scott brought a new battery for the smoke detector. That did not work, it continued to alarm. He brought in a new detector, which would not fit the mount in the wall, so he just sat it on the shelf in the room. When I got ready for bed and pulled back the covers, I noticed little black dots all over the sheets. Upon closer inspection, the little black dots were moving. I grabbed a piece of tape and captured some of them. The bugs looked similar to fleas!! I packed my stuff up very quickly and loaded it in my car. I went to the front desk (or window outside) and had to wait about 15 minutes for a new attendant to check in another guest. When I explained what was going on, he said that he would be happy to get me another room!! (Are you kidding me?) I told him that I was checking out and wanted a full refund! He told me that he didn't know how to do a refund. I told him to call his manager. He said that the manager was at home asleep!! Finally, after about 45 minutes, he refunded my money. The refund still has not shown up on my credit card!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank mwebbwalton
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My boyfriend does long distance bike rides with his buddies, while I get to hang-out wherever they are until they are done. Last weekend they rode around through Cheaha Park and his buddy suggested we stay at the Jameson Inn in Oxford. It was great! The room was really clean, the employees at the offce and cleaning the rooms were just so friendly and it didn't cost a lot. They even had really good coffee right in our room, and a free breakfast bar. There were lots of stores and little shops close for me to have something to do. I hope we get to go back and spend the weekend there again, I had never stayed at a Jameson Inn, but I will look for them now!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I often visit family in Oxford, and as they're short on extra beds, I like to get a hotel room when I come. I've stayed at this hotel the last few times I've come to Oxford, and have been very pleased so far. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms have always been clean, and very comfortable. I have payed $100 or more for other hotels in Oxford, but have been just as happy at the Jameson Inn for a much lower cost. After a full day running around with my relatives, it's nice to have a comfortable place like this where I can unwind.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family