“Very good..... In Alabama!”

Yume Japanese & Asian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Very good..... In Alabama!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I never would have expected a good Japanese restaurant with excellent sushi in Oxford, AL. Sit at the sushi bar, the chefs are great and the sushi is fantastic. Worth the visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Pier5660

Anniston, Alabama
“Dads 80th birthday”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Service was excellent, food was delicious. 8 of us ordered a variety of food an no one was disappointed. Great presentation for birthday with Kimona and drums. Very glad we chose Yume.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank SallyE0307
“Great Food Great Service”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Well I must say that our server named Katy was very helpful and informative in our ordering process. She was witty and had quite the sense of humor as we nicknamed Ginger. We had the scallops, sushi, rice noodles with chicken, miso soup and edamame.
All if which was very good and timely prepared. Two thumbs up!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Mmharringtn
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good sushi!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here several times and was never disappointed. Sushi is good and fresh. Never tried the Hibachi... Service never disappointed.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank DaddyScholz
Palm Bay, Florida
“Disappointing but was warned”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went to this restaurant due to the rainy weather and closeness to the hotel. It was the most expensive meal I had while in Alabama during my 12 week assignment. The shrimp I ordered was smothered in heavy curry type gravy. Because I cook curry, I had expectations that were not lived up to. Plate presentations were pretty but would have rather have a more palatable meal. Would not go back. Most people rave about the Sushi but I have no desire to have Sushi. Thought that a Japanese type meal would be lighter and better than what I got.

• Visited May 2013