“Excellent food”

LongHorn Steakhouse- Oxford
Ranked #5 of 74 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Attalla, Alabama
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good selection of appetizers and entrees. Always get the crab dip, and it has always been good. My favorite is the ribeye and my wife likes different chicken dishes. Little pricey, but not outrageous.

Visited April 2013

Alabama
“A little different in a steakhouse, food was good”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

First time in a Longhorn and there were things I really liked and a few things I wasn't a fan of. First thing is I just love the decor in how it made you feel like you were in a real steak house with the western feel. The place was crowded at 7:30 pm on a Friday night but only took us about 10 mins for a seat (most would have had empty seats and still had you wait 45 mins.) They come around and offer you samples of an item on their menu which this time was there onion petals (very good). We were seated in the far side and unfortunately right near the restroom but that was ok, somebody has to sit there. The restaurant is very open so the noise level is very high from all the patrons and music. I liked how it was very casual dinning very relaxed except for the noise. The food came really quick and it was plentiful, without eating an appetizer we still took home half of our dinners. I had the 1/2 rack of ribs and it was the first time in a long time I hadn't had to ask for extra sauce on the side, it was cooked with the sauce on. At first I was skeptical thinking the ribs were going to be dried out and hard but I found just the opposite, they were hot, moist and tender. My only complaint on the ribs was that the sauce, although had an excellent flavor, the salt content was a little strong combined with the pork. I would definitely order them again!! My husband order the steak and grilled shrimp..The shrimp were on two skewers which contained 4 or 5 shrimp each served over a bed of rice pilaf. The steak would just melt in your mouth it was so good but there again the salt was a little strong so I'm thinking it's a seasoning they use on their meat instead of the BBQ sauce. When we visit a new restaurant we try each others dinner just to sample if we would like to order it next time so as not to be disappointed in our meal choice, I will have to say it will be a tough decision on our next trip to Longhorn.

• Visited July 2013
Oxford, Ohio
“good food bad music”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

food was great but the country music was always in my ear while i was trying to enjoy my food. service was awesome drink was allway full.

• Visited July 2013
Anniston, Alabama
“LongHorn SteakHouse Oxford Al.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I like going out to eat when it's the least crowded; feel like I get better service and don't feel rushed because there is a crowd waiting to be seated. Anyway, this LongHorn has consistently good food. Usually, I will order Flo's filet, but this time I wanted something different. So, I chose the Parmesan Crusted Chicken; glad I did ....it was delicious. There is a saying that says : " when in a steakhouse, order steak. Not so for this place.....don't know of any dish, on the menu, that wouldn't be safe to order.

• Visited May 2013
Alabama
“Good food, but be prepared to wait”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The locals here all agree this is the best steak house in the area. I have to agree. The food is good, the atmosphere is unique, but expect to wait 20 to 30 minutes to be seated, especially on Friday night and weekends.

Visited April 2013