“A little different in a steakhouse, food was good”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed July 28, 2013

First time in a Longhorn and there were things I really liked and a few things I wasn't a fan of. First thing is I just love the decor in how it made you feel like you were in a real steak house with the western feel. The place was crowded at 7:30 pm on a Friday night but only took us about 10 mins for a seat (most would have had empty seats and still had you wait 45 mins.) They come around and offer you samples of an item on their menu which this time was there onion petals (very good). We were seated in the far side and unfortunately right near the restroom but that was ok, somebody has to sit there. The restaurant is very open so the noise level is very high from all the patrons and music. I liked how it was very casual dinning very relaxed except for the noise. The food came really quick and it was plentiful, without eating an appetizer we still took home half of our dinners. I had the 1/2 rack of ribs and it was the first time in a long time I hadn't had to ask for extra sauce on the side, it was cooked with the sauce on. At first I was skeptical thinking the ribs were going to be dried out and hard but I found just the opposite, they were hot, moist and tender. My only complaint on the ribs was that the sauce, although had an excellent flavor, the salt content was a little strong combined with the pork. I would definitely order them again!! My husband order the steak and grilled shrimp..The shrimp were on two skewers which contained 4 or 5 shrimp each served over a bed of rice pilaf. The steak would just melt in your mouth it was so good but there again the salt was a little strong so I'm thinking it's a seasoning they use on their meat instead of the BBQ sauce. When we visit a new restaurant we try each others dinner just to sample if we would like to order it next time so as not to be disappointed in our meal choice, I will have to say it will be a tough decision on our next trip to Longhorn.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

food was great but the country music was always in my ear while i was trying to enjoy my food. service was awesome drink was allway full.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I like going out to eat when it's the least crowded; feel like I get better service and don't feel rushed because there is a crowd waiting to be seated. Anyway, this LongHorn has consistently good food. Usually, I will order Flo's filet, but this time I wanted something different. So, I chose the Parmesan Crusted Chicken; glad I did ....it was delicious. There is a saying that says : " when in a steakhouse, order steak. Not so for this place.....don't know of any dish, on the menu, that wouldn't be safe to order.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The locals here all agree this is the best steak house in the area. I have to agree. The food is good, the atmosphere is unique, but expect to wait 20 to 30 minutes to be seated, especially on Friday night and weekends.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We know we will get a really good steak every time. The salad is always good. I love the baked sweet potato and bread. The staff is always friendly and efficient. We like to sit barside so my husband can watch whatever game is on TV. Due to that we have fallen off the waiting list twice. I know if we have waited too long at the bar I need to check at the desk. They are usually very apologetic and seat us the first barside table to come open. (We are never in a hurry, so this is not a problem for us.) For years our adult children have come home to go on vacation with us. It is a family tradition to go to Longhorn our last night in town.

Been to LongHorn Steakhouse? Share your experiences!