“Good food, but be prepared to wait”

LongHorn Steakhouse- Oxford
Ranked #4 of 75 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The locals here all agree this is the best steak house in the area. I have to agree. The food is good, the atmosphere is unique, but expect to wait 20 to 30 minutes to be seated, especially on Friday night and weekends.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We know we will get a really good steak every time. The salad is always good. I love the baked sweet potato and bread. The staff is always friendly and efficient. We like to sit barside so my husband can watch whatever game is on TV. Due to that we have fallen off the waiting list twice. I know if we have waited too long at the bar I need to check at the desk. They are usually very apologetic and seat us the first barside table to come open. (We are never in a hurry, so this is not a problem for us.) For years our adult children have come home to go on vacation with us. It is a family tradition to go to Longhorn our last night in town.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The service here is always good and so is the food. My husband especially likes the portobello mushroom dishes and I always like the chicken. I don't think you ever go wrong with this chain.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had never been to a longhorn and decided we would go and give it a try, we was dissapointed,and we won't go back.we drove 40 minutes to it and waited in line for 45 minutes and we noticed thier was empty tables everywhere,what's up with that? and we ordered steak and they were all over cooked and tough,me and my daughter had to hold each others plate for the other one to cut it,cause the plate slides all over the table, the fries were awful and really really brown and greasy,but the salad and bread and the tonion appetizer was good. my husband got the new york strip and he ate half of it because the more it sat thier the tougher it got.in my opinion,they should have stopped cooking our steaks sooner cause they still continue to cook after they are removed from the heat.the manager was nice and pleasant and so was our waitress,but to be honest.it wasnt worth the money or the time going thier. thanks

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I live in Jacksonville. Eating out is usually going to Oxford, Gadsden or sometimes B'ham. Longhorn is hands down my favorite restaurant of all time!! I LOVE a good steak, and Longhorn has never disappointed. I order my steak medium-rare, and I can't tell you how many places can't get that right (usually overcook it). I've never had that problem at Longhorn, every steak has been perfectly grilled with a nice, warm pink center. The sides are always fresh & delicious. The menu has a vast array of options. They also have a great drink & dessert menu- but the meals are so wonderful & filling, I usually don't make it to dessert! Prices are not "cheap" but very reasonable for the quality & quantity of food. Can't recommend this place enough!