“Great Hotel!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Sharpsburg, Georgia, United States
“Great Hotel!!!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had booked a Honors reward room and realized we needed an additional room. Since I had kids staying in the other room, I needed the rooms to be adjoining. I called the hotel and spoke to Darcy and was she ever helpful. She rearranged the room I had and let me know what was adjoining it and we good the rooms I needed. The hotel was very clean and nice and the beds were very comfortable. I'm looking forward to my next stay there and my kids cant wait to use the indoor pool and hot tub again!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AngSmith, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Dave,

Thank you for your kind words about one of our associates. It is our pleasure to assist in any way possible and your satisfaction is out top priority. Hope to see you in the near future.

Angela Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This review starts with my family driving back to birmingham from the Atlanta airport. The rain and wind along with over ten hours of travel time made us very tired. We found this hotel and once we arrived we were greeted by Elizabeth who asked how we were doing and already had everything ready. We only had called in ten minutes before we arrived. Elizabeth was an awesome host and made us feel warm on this cold November night. She also asked if we had any requests for rooms, which we did with a crying baby she was able to accommodate these request for us. The breakfast was amazing as well. Overall everything was great and I'm so glad to be a hilton honors member and treated like family.

Dear David,

Thank you for writing this lovely review. It is very exciting to hear our guests mention one of our associates and their level of service. I believe I met your lovely family in the restaurant during breakfast. Your satisfaction is top priority and we can't thank you enough for being a HHonors member and your loyalty to Hilton Brands.

Charleston, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am not a fan of the beds. They are the sleep firmness adjustable one but the only setting could seem to get was beyond firm. It just felt hard and almost like sleeping on the floor. I turned the dial but nothing seemed to change. I tried changing beds and the other bed in the room was the exact same way.

Dear Timothy,

Sorry to hear about your discomfort during your stay. I have checked the beds in the rooms that you have stayed in and they appear to work fine. We have retrained the staff on the settings and how the air baffles adjust the settings, to better inform our guests during checkin. Please ask for me when you return and it will be my pleasure to make sure you will find the right setting to ensure a great night sleep.

Anniston, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very nice, new hotel. Friendly staff. Would be nice if the internet were faster and there were a few more options on the tv, but not a big deal. Also, the staff in the restaurant is a little slow...they spend a little too much time socializing from what I could tell.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lea,

Thank you for your candid review about our service during breakfast. We are sorry that this is the way our guests perceive our staff and changes have been made. Our guests are top priority and nothing less than that is acceptable. Please return and the level of service will be equal to the other departments within the hotel.

Anniston, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very pleasant and professional experience from reservation to check out and beyond. First time ever when staying in any hotel that I actually received a phone call that the cleaning staff discovered I had left something behind and turned it in to the front desk. Usually any items left are simply considered gone. Room was very clean. The only small dissatisfaction I had was with the mattress. It was difficult to adjust to a comfortable level and kind of sank if laid or sat in one place too long which made it difficult to move around and get comfortable again. Other than that I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. Our housekeepers are very honest and have turned in some very expensive items. Glad we were able to return your items left behind at our property.
Please allow me to show you the perfect setting on our GSS beds when you return. The level of comfort is easy to set to meet everyone's preference. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was spotlessly clean. They called us before we arrived and upgraded us to a junior suite for no extra cost.

I loved having the extra room with desk, couch, extra tv, etc.

Bathroom was a little small, but nice.

Bed linens were nice, but I'm not a fan of sleep number beds. It was not a comfortable nights sleep.

Hotel staff was very friendly.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of our property. Our staff is determined to keep it spotless and continue to to provide our guests with the best accommodations in Oxford. I checked the GSS bed in the room you stayed in and it was working properly. When you return, please have the front desk ask for me and I would like to set the dial to your liking and see if that will change your opinion of our beds. Very seldom do we have a guest that dislikes our beds and once you have the perfect setting in firmness you will love the GSS beds.

Highland, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

OMG! Great hotel and wonderful stay. The beds are the best I've slept on in years--finally got a full-night's sleep. The staff is fabulous and very attentive to travelers' needs. Breakfast is fabulous; the bar is big and has excellent beverage choices. Appetizers are great too! You will enjoy a wonderful stay at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Margo,

You review is so refreshing and describes our property exactly. Our Chef Reggie recently updated our menu and apparently made the right selections. The beds are very popular and I believe the dials that allow adjusting the firmness to everyone's preference is the reason. Within the next couple of months we will also change our pillows and the bedding. Thank you for choosing our property during your travels.

Angela Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston
Courtyard Anniston Oxford
Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford
Hotel Finial
Hotel Finial
#1 of 4 in Anniston

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston? Share your experiences!