“Always a great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Atlanta, United States
“Always a great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I wouldnt think of staying in any other hotel in the area. It's a great value, great location near the interstate and restaurants, a gracious staff and I like having a restaurant on site for a full breakfast and room service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

AngSmith, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We loved your review and the fact that our property has everything you are looking for while traveling.It is always rewarding to hear from our guests that our training has paid off.

Angela Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hunstville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nice place. Bar is well priced and foot is pretty good. Only issue I had was the room I reserved wasn't available. I got a different room for the same rate. Overall not bad at all. and apparently this has to be 200 characters so I'm still typing....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your nice review about our property. Our staff will appreciate your opinion. Please visit us again when in the area!

Oxford, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overall i really enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in oxford, Alabama. My only complaints is I was very disappointment that BET was not one the Channel choice and the pillows were to soft which made my head low.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear valued Guest,

I apologize that we did not offer the BET channel! We are currently allowing our guest to provide us with input on our channel line up. Hopefully we will be able to add the channel! Please visit us again or our sister property the Home2 Suites by Hilton which has BET in the line up.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This Hilton was everything that I expected from this brand. When traveling I stay with Embassy, Hilton or Double tree & this is why I know what I am getting. Good food esp omelettes!!! The lobby & bar are very upscale.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AngSmith, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We loved your review! Thank you for being loyal to Hilton and our property. The design of our lobby is very unique and liked by all of our guests. When in the area, hopefully we can welcome you back to our property.

Palm Bay, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I spent several weeks at this hotel and then switched to their sister hotel right across for the final 6 weeks of my trip. This hotel honored the rate I was paying at the other hotel. The staff is very friendly but it appears that they are lacking in knowledge of when/how to problem solve. I was billed although I never checked in and had cancelled the reservation through Hilton #800 weeks earlier. The front desk staff had me call my bank to deal with the situation when it was their error. On one occasion during my weekly check in the card scan on my door was not working and rather than relocate me to another room immediately, I had to make 3 trips to the front desk to finally have my room changed while the door was fixed. I was placed in a suite in a gesture of apology. The dining area is nice and being able to have chef make preferences is an added feature of the hotel. There is a business center room that tends to stay extremely hot-not sure why. Broken fax/scan machine is not readily known to staff. Time wasted trying to use a defective machine. Parking can be challenging as this hotel shares an area of it's parking lot with hotel across the street. If you arrive before 5pm , you'll be OK with finding parking. Requests for rooms away from hotel elevators was honored after request of the staff despite indicating it on reservation. They do have a luggage holding room so it is convenient to leave belongings on site until next return trip. Improper billing readily fixed when pointed out. Convenient location for multiple restaurants and is right off the expressway. Easy check out process. Unlike other hotels that give bottled water and a snack as a honor member, this hotel only give coupon for 2 bottled water.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jan M
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I can only think the good reviews came from people who did not have an issue or did not report one. Our folio stated quiet room away from the elevator. After driving 10 hours, we checked in, unpacked, showered and were ready for bed, when a loud noise started. I called the front desk clerk who told me there was a live band playing and it was under us. We could move, but it would take us about 30 minutes to pack up and she assured us it would be okay for our second night. We were awake until the music stopped. At breakfast, we overheard there was to be another event. The clerk said we could move but not until noon. We put the DND sign on our door, only to return and the housekeeper had REMOVED it and cleaned our room as a stay over. Our rate was adjusted but not for the entire night because we did not pack up and move when the clerk said to. On an 8 day trip, all rooms at a Hilton property, this was by far the worst. Our second night was quiet but the reservation dept should never have put anyone directly over a live band.

Room Tip: Ask if there is an event and to be put at the opposite end of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lakegirl5055
AngSmith, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We as a team are very disappointed that some of our staff members did not help correct the issues you experienced to meet you expectations. Our property and our team strive for perfection and that is the reason you mainly see positive reviews. We as a team have met to ensure that we will handle similar issue differently. Please contact me at 256-831-0083 to discuss our experience. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ada, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast provided the following day with a coupon provided by one of the hotel employees. Food was very good and dining area was very clean. Our only problem was we were unaware the beds were self adjusting and there wasn't anything to tell us they were in the room we stayed in. Ours was set to very firm and it was not a very enjoyable night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued Guest,

we love to get reviews that mentions our friendly staff and our excellent food. Every staff member strives hard to provide excellent customer service and quality food. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.

Angela Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston
Courtyard Anniston Oxford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston
Hotel Finial
Hotel Finial
#1 of 4 in Anniston
Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston? Share your experiences!