“Great Service, Clean Rooms and Outstanding Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston

Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Snellville, Georgia
“Great Service, Clean Rooms and Outstanding Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Ok...I live at Hilton properties and routinely stop between cities...I stopped in oxford and I am greeted with I smile from the clerk at the front desk...I think her name was Joy or Joyce...or maybe Jill...not sure but she made me feel welcomed...went upstairs and it was so refreshing to see everything was in its place and it smelled cleaned! Everything was just clean and dust free...Didn't have to change the settings onthe bed it was already comfortable and the yound lady even called to check to see how everything was..that doesn't happen alot and I can appreciate that...I had breakfast the next morning and it was AMAZING. There was a egg fritata special with feta cheese and it was just fantastic...the hostess Debra even asked if I wanted to put in another order...she thought I was offended but I was actually appreciative:) It was even better the second time I even tipped the Chef. Everything about this Hotel was great! Thanks Oxford Team!

Room Tip: Call directly and speak to front desk!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AngSmith, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for posting a review about our property. We appreciate the kind words you had for several staff members. Our team works hard to be the best at making every guest feel at home. We often hear that our breakfast and the specials Chef Mike and his crew create daily are the best. We are looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Angela Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

My family stayed here on our way home. The bathroom door would not shut. The bed is AWFUL!! I turned it to every number trying to get comfortable. No luck. I slept maybe 2 hours. I had to take two Advil in the morning.

Let me also say my family every year is either Gold or Platinum because of the many Hilton stays. This is by far the worst Hilton property I have stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
AngSmith, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is very important to us that every guest leaves our property statisfied. Our staff is not aware of any problems with a bathroom door and the baffels in our beds have just recently been inspected. Please all me at 256-831-0083 to discuss your stay with us, so we can find the room the issue occured and hopefully I can convince you to give us another try.
We certainly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Brand and we do not want this recent stay to change that.

Southaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

staff very friendly . rooms extra clean . one of the best hamburger i have ever had . i highly recomend staying here . ir you are looking for a placed away from home this is your place . they really go out of their way to please their customers . they take the meaning of hilton family serious .

Room Tip: no complants
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your wonderful feedback makes me estatic to work with such a wonderful team. It is also extremely gratifying to know we are making such a impression and will have the opportunity to hopefully serve you again. Chef Mike appreciated the positive feedback on our hamburger, they are very delicious. We take feedback very seriously and the greatest compliments our hotel receives is a recommendation to others from one of our guests. Thank you again, we look forward to your future stays.

Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I recently travelled to this location with approximately 150 students/chaperones for a band competition at Jacksonville State University. We reserved 85 rooms at this hotel in April 2012. All went great until the day before our arrival on October 12th - we were notified that we could only have 30 rooms and our group would have to find other accommodations. Management said they would assist us with our group needs, but cancelling over half our rooms within 24 hours of our arrival is unacceptable! Our group coordinator thankfully worked with the Hampton Inn next door and we would definitely be staying at the Hampton next time. We made this large reservation with through a group member that had Gold Hilton Honors - the Honors group was apologetic, but did not help us. Rooms were just average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AAMom22
AngSmith, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent stay. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. Thank you for your review, I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel.

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors member, but I don't remember ever staying a a Garden Inn. This property was outstandinig! Very new and modern lobby. Breakfast was great (cook to order--I had an omlet and waffle). It is convienently located to many great places to eat, Bar-B-Q, Japanese, Fast Food, Olive Garden (where we ate). Also, at this exit, there was tons of shopping (Dick's Sporting goods, Target, Old Navy, etc.). You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen C
Thank you for taking the time to praise our hotel and the quality of our delicious breakfast. Chef Mike and his staff do a phenomonal job at breakfast and dinner. We hope that you will now be a loyal guest not only to our hotel, but the Hilton Garden Inn Brand.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend on the way to a conference in Atlanta. There were many restaurants within walking distance, but the restaurant inside was incredibly convenient. I loved my dinner, and the breakfast was a real treat. It wasn't just bagels and coffee, they had everything. Great food, great service. The bedrooms have with modern and clean furniture. It looked and smelled new. The adjustable bed was by far my favorite part...I suffer from back pain, and usually have trouble with hotel beds; not with this one.
While I was ordering at the bar (the bartenders were outstanding, by the way) I noticed a wedding party out front and in the ball room. From what I could see, the guests seemed to be having a great time and it looked really nice, too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

You will always receive a warm smile from the staff with impeccable professionalism. Very clean, modern and well kept inside and out. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and this is the only one that has made me feel like home. Whether you drink or not you have to stop by the bar and have a bite, a soda, water or drink; what ever you like. The bartenders are very warm and wonderfully fun people. One of them was not feeling well but he kept a smile on his face and did everything he could to keep the customers happy. Really great people throughout the hotel!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston
Courtyard Anniston Oxford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston
Hotel Finial
Hotel Finial
#1 of 4 in Anniston
Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston? Share your experiences!