“Top hotel in Oxford”

Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed July 13, 2011

With 3 kids in Anniston, I stay in the area often and pick one of 5 or 6 properties depending on circumstances. This was my first stay at the HGI, and I think I'm spoiled. The room is larger than "suites" I have stayed in close by and much nicer. There is a fridge and microwave and well lit, well appointed bathroom with huge shower. The bed is comfortable but the adjustment mechanism is hidden and takes some effort to work.

The facility itself is newish and well maintained. The business center and exercise room are well equipped. The staff is friendly and helpful. The restaurant makes an excellent breakfast for $10. The bar was open until 10:00 and served us on the patio outside. I couldn't find anything to fault.

My next stay will be on a weekend. This one was on a week night. If I heard the desk clerk correctly, the nightly rate will drop by $25. Even better!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston

Reviewed June 28, 2011

If we're ever in the area, we'll definitely stay again. The price is so reasonable and the decor and accommodations so high that the Hilton Garden Inn is suited for romantic getaways, get-togethers, and as a refreshing stop on your way to somewhere else.

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night while on vacation. The price was very reasonable, especially compared to the accommodations. I had made the reservations and my companion immediately commented on the décor of the lobby and our room with words such as “fancy.” He even joked that perhaps we could cancel the reservation we had in Atlanta and simply drive back and forth each day.

Our room was not ready when we arrived—as were several other parties—but the staff offered us complementary soda while we waited. They offered us alternate rooms, but we decided to wait for one we requested; yes, they actually read and accommodated the additional requests we wrote in our online reservation. Perhaps they were short-staffed that day or they were not expecting many people to arrive right as check-in started. That's why I still gave them 5-stars across the board. The fitness center was clean and well-equipped (and even had medicine balls in various weights). We did not use the pool, but it seemed well maintained.

Note—it is in a dry county so no liquor is sold on Sundays, a.k.a. you won’t be able to partake in the convenience of the bar in the hotel on a Sunday. We went to the drive-in and the world’s largest office chair not too far away.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Oxford. The hotel was beautiful starting with the lobby and it was carried all the way through to the rooms. All of the rooms had a refrigerator and a microwave which is always a bonus. The room was spacious and comfortable from the bed to the sitting area to the work area. The staff was great; very friendly, customer oriented and attentive. The breakfast was wonderful and the meals provided during the meeting were great. You could tell the chef truly enjoyed preparing a taste of the south for everyone to enjoy.

Anytime I have to be in the Oxford/Anniston area, this is where I will stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night. This is the Best Hotel in the Area! From the check inn to check out. The staff were very polite, cordial, spoke when they passed you, made you feel like they appreciated you staying with them. This is a fairly new Hotel.
The rooms are very clean and the bed is one of the best I've ever slept on. The lobby is nice and they have a full service bar which opens after 5:00 pm. They also have a full breakfast "buffet" for $10, which they have made to order omletes and just about anything you could ask for. The hotel itself is just off I-20 and is close to restuarants and a shopping mall is just across the interstate. If staying in the Anniston area, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This is a new hotel. The accomodations were superb. My only issue would be no free breakfast but I'd stay here again and pay for my breakfast. Great staff, free internet, plenty of parking and right off the highway.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Istayed at this hotel after having the worst experince at country inn and suites which is located in walk ing distance this was and aboustley beautiful hotel very very clean . the staff was amazing fiendly help full .my family lives in the area i am lucky to get their once a year but this is the only hotel that i will be staying at from now on thankyou so much hilton garden inn

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Stayed here while driving cross-country and was pleasantly surprised. Location is great if you want a quick stop while driving. Hotel is less than 1 year old, very clean with a hint of luxury in the lobby.

Stayed on the government rate for $70 and probably the best value for my money ever. My only criticism was that I got a room next to the pool/gym and there was some noise. However, by just showing up late at night without a reservation and getting a great rate I didn't bother asking to switch.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family