“Simply AWESOME!”

Cuisines: Italian
Description: Casual Family Italian Dining
Description: Casual Family Italian Dining
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

While in town with my team (University if West Alabama Softball Tigers) I decided to give Tortora's a shot. This place is simply AWESOME! We had a party of 27 and everyone ordered and enjoyed a delicious meal in about 1 hour 15 minutes. The food is great and the service is even better. Classic cheese pie was perfect. Actually everyone seemed more than pleased with the food quality and portion size. We topped off the dinner with zeppoli desserts...an Italian pastry covered in powdered sugar, drizzled with chocolate sauce, and accompanied by a light whipped topping. Basically the zeppoli is a sinful dessert that should probably be banned because nothing should taste so good! I plan on a return trip to Tortora's.

There are newer reviews for Tortora's

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We get tired of the typical chain type pizzas. We were very glad to find this restaurant. The crust is chewy at first bite but soft after great toppings too.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Full serving of lasagna is generous and very good. Sauce is excellent. Salad is well prepared. Service is not always attentive--lots of staff seemingly more interested in talking among themselves than waiting tables.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

After hearing some good comments about Tortora's, I was happy to have my boss treat me to lunch there this week. There are two sections, one says Tortora's and the other "Tortora's Grill". I have learned since my visit that Tortora's is the old section and I should have sat in "Tortora's Grill" which is new. The older side has no visual appeal at all. While our server was friendly, service was slow for a work hour lunch break. I decided to try the Lasagna. It was very dry, with chunks of beef ? that had no flavor and was tough. I didn't really note any cheese and very little, if any tomato sauce. I honestly have had better Lasagna from the freezer section at my local grocery store. No less, I'm glad to see they have added an outdoor patio. Next time I will try the Tortora's Grill and order a pizza, which my daughter tells me is very good and what they are best known for. I wouldn't waste my money on any pasta dish.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Tortora's is one of my family's favorite restaurants! We have 4 kids (ages 1 - 11) and everyone is always happy when eat at Tortora's! Love it!

1  Thank mom4mac