“Woah! Can't go wrong here!”

Cosmo's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 146 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Off the beaten path on Canal Road in Orange Beach, Cosmo's Restaurant & Bar is far from ordinary. Serving fresh and eclectic food since day one, Cosmo's features a wide range of dining, enticing even the most discriminate. Using chef inspired ingredients, you can enjoy everything from hand-cut steaks and local seafood to pastas and sushi. This neighborhood favorite on the Gulf Coast has taken cuisine to the cutting edge. With variations of local staples, their versions will make you sit back and take notice. Culinary greats such as the chicken roulade wrapped in bacon, the sesame seared tuna salad and the traditional crab cakes done with a twist, will have you wanting more. And to top it all off, The Year of Alabama Food named their Banana Leaf Wrapped Fish as one of "the top 100 dishes to eat before you die." This epicurean delight is just one of the many masterpieces created daily in this out-of-the-way hot spot on Alabama's Gulf Coast. In addition to serving awesome and hand-crafted dishes, Cosmo's Restaurant & Bar specializes in catering and has many unique options to serve all your needs.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We always attempt to get to the Trip Advisor top rated place in any town. Sure glad we did it on this trip. The food was over the top. I had the catch of the day oven baked in banana leaf. My wife had the Red Snapper, blackened. We got there at 4:00 PM, so it was happy hour. Half priced drinks and appetizers. Waiter was Marc N., and his service was superb. I realize this is a beach area, but it borders on the edge of fine dining, and they might consider a seating area geared towards families with small kids. Great place though.

1  Thank towerdog3
Write a ReviewReviews (2,298)

Reviewed August 31, 2014

My family (4 adults) really enjoyed our food at Cosmos. We were there slightly out of season, and there was about a 30 minute wait. They had a little gift shop and a bar for us to hang around. They had an excellent band outside. Several couples got up and danced, as well as small children.
As an appetizer, we ordered the fried calamari, which was fresh and cooked perfectly. For our entrees, two of us had the pecan redfish, based on the waiter's recommendation, and we were not disappointed. Another guest in my group had the fish cooked in the banana leaf, and that was truly scrumptious. They change the fish cooked in the banana leaf daily. And the fourth member of our party had the crab cakes.
Cosmos also has a daily savory cheesecake (not dessert), and we wish we'd tried it. We look forward to going back next year to try it.
Fun beer selection. One person in our party ordered the "fascist pig" beer, and thought it was tasty. Another gentlemen ordered the "rogue dead guy" beer from the waiter's recommendation, and also liked it.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

So glad we took the suggestion from our condo owner. Found meals for both my husband and I to enjoy.
He had the seafood pasta and loved it. Bragged about the Alfredo sauce.
I had the chicken roulade. Very yummy and the sauce was awesome.
We had the cheese dip for out appetizer and it was probably some of the best cheese dip I've ever had.
Great atmosphere. Laid back and casual yet a nice place to eat.
Beachy feel. Our daughter loved looking at the kids menu that had tons of dog photos on it.
Our server Robert was attentive and helpful when ordering.
I believe our bill was $70 with tip for all three of us. Not bad for a nicer dinner on our vacation.

Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

I always order BBQ crab claws. They are usually the best thing on menus for me. But this time I was very disappointed because they were like eating mush. I was so sad because I has waited for months to make it back down. I am wondering if they have a new cook maybe.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Very good food. We had calamari for an appetizer that was good. We,had two sushi rolls, not bad but I have been spoiled by my favorite sushi place. Between the 6 of us, we had seafood pasta and grilled shrimp. Both dishes were very good. We went late and walked right in but it does get busy if you go for normal dinner hours.