“My new favorite grouper dish”
Review of Shipp's Harbour Grill - CLOSED

Shipp's Harbour Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Shipp's Harbour Grill stands alone in a class of it's own serving Fresh Local Seafood and Certified Angus Beef. Shipp's offers beautiful outside seating on our upper deck with a birds-eye view of the harbor, a tiki bar, a covered outdoor porch, and an elegant but casual shabby chic beachside decor inside in our many dining areas. Shipp's is comfortable and casual with classy food. "Once you try Shipp's you'll be hooked"
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Sometimes you must wait for good food. Can't understand the complaints. If you want fast food go to McDonald's. Shipp's harbour grill is an example of an excellent restaurant. Our meal started with the pepper shrimp appetizer. It came came with five shrimp in a spicy sauce - very tasty. Next I had the grouper creole and my wife had the grouper ponchatrain. Both were served with garlic mashed potatoes and almond green beans. Both dishes were very good with generous portions. The creole grouper was especially good and now ranks as my favorite grouper dish.
If your in a hurry don't go here especially July 4th week. But if you want an excellent meal at a good value you can't go wrong with Shipp's Harbour Grill

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The waitress was good, but they are under staffed. We had reservations and it still took 2'15" for our meal. It was 35 minutes to get a drink and the service was sloooow. The food was good as my wife says. It was good for what it was, but I am not into the food presentation. I will not be all negative as the view was good and the food was too. I would ask myself why I was not rated higher on trip advisor if I had world known food. The waitress told us the dish my wife had was on Southern Living bucket list, it was the grouper pontchatrain. According to her it was great. This place might have a great chef, but it is short of management. I went to the bathroom at one point and counted 9 empty tables, while they were telling people the wait was 1 and a half hours for a table. Buyer beware, the food was good, but to me not worth the wait. I would never go again for the service and the menu. Also the menu on the internet is not accurate. It is much more limited than shows online, just beware.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were a group of 5 adults and 4 kids, ranging in age from 2-10. We were seated in about 20 minutes, despite being a Saturday night in June. They gave us a room that was fairly private and we were glad d/t dining with kids!! The meal was excellent. I had the Chipotle filet and it was cooked to perfection and so tender you could eat it with a fork. My brother had the Grouper Ponchartrain and said it was the best grouper he had ever eaten. The fried shrimp was excellent also. The kids meals were good also, hamburgers and fried shrimp was what our kids ate. Beer was cold and cocktails good.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had the worst dining experience ever. Had 8:30 reservations and waited for our entrees until 10:30 before we walked out. Only got one round of drinks and had to go to the bar for a refill, server had a serious attitude problem, had to bus our appetizer plates onto a nearby tray, beg for kids meals as they cried and fell asleep at the table... I could go on and on! We asked to speak with a manager several times with no luck. Really disappointed that we waisted a beautiful evening of our vacation here. Save yourself the trouble and aggravation... this restaurant really doesn't care about your experience.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Make reservations. Grouper Ponchatrain was terrific. Will definitely be going back - multiple times! A little expensive if you have kids, but great food and atmosphere! Eat outside if the weather permits.