“Excellent Food”

Shipp's Harbour Grill
Ranked #7 of 135 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Shipp's Harbour Grill stands alone in a class of it's own serving Fresh Local Seafood and Certified Angus Beef. Shipp's offers beautiful outside seating on our upper deck with a birds-eye view of the harbor, a tiki bar, a covered outdoor porch, and an elegant but casual shabby chic beachside decor inside in our many dining areas. Shipp's is comfortable and casual with classy food. "Once you try Shipp's you'll be hooked"
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

These folks know how to cook a steak!!! My husband and I went last night. We were seated inside immediately. There was a plethora of large parties and other groups that wanted to sit outside that had long waits. We both has filets that were divine. Salads were fresh and the house tomato vinaigrette is delicious. The royal reds were heavenly. I would not recommend the creme brûlée, but I would not hesitate to order another dessert selection. If you are sensitive to noise, this place may bother you, but we enjoyed hearing the other guests having a good time, and were amazed by the hardworking hustle of the staff. Being business owners we were impressed by the owners being onsite and hustling along side their staff. This will be added to must dine here list on our return trips.

1 Thank Linda2601

“Worth the wait????”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We had a reservation at 9:00 and by 9:30 we still didn't have our table. A girl at the host stand kept pushing us off to the next person and you could tell she really didn't want to be there. By the time we sat down at 9:45 our waiter told us the entrees were taking 1 hour plus for arrival. At this point we decided on just apps for dinner so we could get home by 11:30. Our waiter was awesome and very honest. Food was good, atmosphere was not
So good. Very loud and noisy! In my opinion...not worth the wait!!

1 Thank Jdlala
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“The reviews we read were spot-on”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I consulted online reviews before making a choice of dining spots last night and chose Shipp's Harbour on the basis of numerous positive notices. On the basis of our experience that billing is wholly warranted. The service (our server was Scott) was efficient, helpful (in terms of menu choices) and unobtrusive.
The food was almost without exception excellent, from the smoked tuna dip appetizer to my wife's fried oyster salad, to my filet mignon with lump crabmeat in garlic butter (cooked rare, just as ordered). The only subpar moments were two slightly underdone fried oysters and the dessert brownie which, although massive, was a bit dry. Finally, it is worth noting that the prices for such fine fare were remarkably modest; my 8 ounce filet would have been a bargain at $26 even without the crabmeat. Indeed, for that price I anticipated a poorly-trimmed steak with the chain attached, rather than the beautifully-trimmed, mouth-wateringly tender steak that I got (and devoured).
Shipp's Harbour has a massive parking lot. Lovely view of moored boats. From our experience it is easy to understand the restaurant's popularity.

• Visited May 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Absolutely the best meal we had”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Best meal we had our entire vacation. Hands down.
The royal red shrimp were some of the best I've ever eaten and my steak just melted in my mouth.
Celebrating our 3 year anniversary, in so glad we picked this place to eat.
Absolutely amazing.
Service was good, and the view was nice, too.
I'd love to go back

Beulah, Michigan
“Great food and service”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have travelled to Orange Beach for many years and Shipps Harbor Grill is always one of our "go-to" places. In off season Thursday special is an 8 oz Prime Filet, with mashed garlic potatoes, green beans and salad for $16.95. What a deal!!!! The Grouper is excellent. We always eat at the bar and Rex was the best.

The only knock would be their house wine is Crane Lake. Sorry, but Crane Lake has to be the worst wine I've ever had....Change the house wine and Shipp's wins all categories!

Visited April 2014