“Killer fish sandwich...!!”

Ranked #13 of 146 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Shipp's Harbour Grill stands alone in a class of it's own serving Fresh Local Seafood and Certified Angus Beef. Shipp's offers beautiful outside seating on our upper deck with a birds-eye view of the harbor, a tiki bar, a covered outdoor porch, and an elegant but casual shabby chic beachside decor inside in our many dining areas. Shipp's is comfortable and casual with classy food. "Once you try Shipp's you'll be hooked"
Reviewed June 4, 2013

After a 1/2 day of deep sea fishing, we thought that we would try Shipp's. I think that we were the only people in there for lunch. I ordered the fish sandwich and I am certainly glad that I did. It's odd - I really don't care much for fish, but I will order a fish sandwich if it is on the menu almost anywhere I go. This is one of the best that I have had. Only problem is that when we went back for dinner later in the week, they would not serve it - it was on their lunch menu only. We ordered some sushi and it was good.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Until this past week I had long considered myself a "regular" at Shipp"s. My wife and I own a place within walking distance and we visit there very often, and have sent dozens of friends and customers over the past year to try the usually wonderful food, and always beautiful setting. This past week my wife and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary and took our family to Shipp's. It was a holiday weekend, and we expected the crowds to impact the service, which in spite of the good food, can be a bit spotty, but nothing could have prepared us for the nightmare that followed. We arrived on-time for our reservation, and were seated shortly thereafter. After ordering we waited nearly 2 hours for our food to arrive. With small children, it finally became necesary for my son and wife to leave without getting to eat a bite. The waitress apologized several times for the delay and did her best to cover up for what was obviously a deep rooted problem. I happened to catch the Manager walking by, and I asked her very nicely what the problem might be. She reponded with more rudeness and arrogance than I have ever experienced in a restaurant, informing me that it was a holiday and cook times were running over an hour. I then explained that several tables that were seated after us had already finished their meals and left, including one table next to us that had dessert on top of their meal. She basically told me I was a liar and demanded to know who the people were that had already left. Well, since they had left, and they were complete strangers, I decided there was a serious issue with the Manager and it was not worth any more debate. Our waitress was very friendly and did her best, obviously embarrassed by for what had become a Management failure of epic proportions. I have been in the service industry for decades and have more than 300 employees that all understand that our customers are our existance. In my opinion the Manager at Shipp's believes she is doing her patrons a favor by allowing them to eat in the restaurant. We finally received our food, and after the treatment we received had no desire to eat it. Management was quick with our $200 bill however, and I paid even quicker and left. The food is good, the setting is great, but I have never been treated worse in any establishment I have ever been in, and of course will not be back. I only hope the owners of Shipp's will recognize the disaster they have in the making before i's too late. If not I hope the next owners will have new management.

3  Thank Marty D
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were coming from New Orleans and headed to Destin FL, and stopped in Orange Beach Al on the way. Saw this place listed in "The 10 Best Things To Eat In Alabama Before You Die" and decided to give it a try. The dish mentioned was Grouper Ponchatrain. My husband ordered it and said it was one of the best thing he ever ate! That was quite a statement because we just spent 3 days in New Orleans--food heaven!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Ate here our last night in Orange Beach. Beautiful setting! We sat outside upstairs with a view of the harbor and boats. I had coconut grouper which was excellent! Partner had shrimp and grouper which was also very good. Will def. return!

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Had a good supper Monday night at Shipp's.
Started off w/ hushpuppies and the spicy tuna tempura roll. The sushi is always great here & this time was on par.
First time we've ever ordered a steak (strip) but probably wont be the last. It was very good!
It was busy & service was a little slow, but at the same time it was nice to relax & take your time eating.
Still a favorite.