“Pleasant Surprise Directly On The Beach”

Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
“Pleasant Surprise Directly On The Beach”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Overall, we were very pleased with this facility. They serve one of the most outstanding breakfasts I have ever seen in this type of lodging. It was a complete breakfast, with many choices, very delicious and a great way to start the day! The breakfast hostess was friendly and kept everything well supplied and clean. Our room was clean and well stocked. The front desk was courteous, and the housekeepers were friendly. This property is conveniently located directly on the beach. The room rate was very reasonable. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. The internet connection in the room was a bit slow but very reliable. Parking was adequate and well lit.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Cruiser100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
New Orleans
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I chose this hotel for the ammenities, proximity to the beach, and attractions. I had never been to the Alabama Coast and I went into planning with little knowledge. I had recently stayed in a Holiday Inn Express for business in another city and thought the quality of service and rooms were good. I wasn't dissappointed! The location was right on the beach. I walked out of the back door and onto the sugar sands. An added bonus......there is a pool bar that serves great drinks!!! A frozen beverage while relaxing on the beach or pool side was a plus!!! One thing I have to say is that occassionally the noise in the hall was a bit loud, but never too long or late at night/early morning. Just people enjoying themselves.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank NewOrleansSuga
Hartselle, Alabama
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel for the past 7 years. It is fantastic hotel. The beach comes up to the pool area. And the two-level pool with fountains and hot tub is absolutely the best in the area. There is a bar at the pool which also offers food and there are restrooms on the first floor, so everything is convenient to the pool area. The hotel is well-maintained and the staff is extremely helpful, attentive and friendly. The free continental breakfast should be called a breakfast bar; they offer items such as omlets, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy. The cinnamon rolls are the best anywhere. The fare changes daily, so you enjoy a great variety each morning. Restaurants and souvenier shops are within walking distance, and an amusement park is across the road.

After staying there for our past 7 annual beach trips, we would not consider staying anywhere else. Thanks Holiday Inn!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed June 3, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed our 2nd stay since the recent renovation and found the hotel still clean & attractive. The front desk staff was very accomodating. Our 2nd floor gulf front king room was clean & fragrance-free, including the bedding & bath. The bath towels were plush & soft, and the bed was comfy. The shaded balcony overlooked the beach & popular pool area. Breakfast ranged from low cal to high fat with scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy & cinnamon rolls the tastiest. The hotel's design was efficient with as many rooms & parking as possible in the allotted space. This is a good hotel for beachgoers who are looking for quality at a good price.

• Stayed May 2010
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed June 2, 2010

we loved this hotel. It was very clean and right on the beach. It also has an awsome pool and hot tub. An added plus was the little pool side bar/snack bar. They had daily drink specials for the adults and hot dogs and nachos for the kids to purchase. The beds were very comfortable and the free breakfast was excellent. The staff was very nice and eagar to please. Lots of smiles everywhere. I love holiday inns.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
West Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Hotel couldn't even provide you with clean towels. They came in and took the dirty towels and then couldn't give you clean ones. I called down to the front desk twice to request towels and they still wouldn't provide them. I even talked to one of the housekeepers and she said it wasn't her rooms and would tell the person. Called again 6 hours later and the front desk told me I had to come down and get them. The manager was Bianca, and I'm pretty sure she was the one who told me to come down and get them. The sign in the bathroom said if you're not satisfied with something they would make it right. I didn't expect that to mean having to call 2 times just to get towels so I could shower, or having to go to the lobby and get the myself.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank spcpicard
Milton, Fl
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I was traveling with my 20 lbs. pet and was giving this hotel by the corporate headquarters of the Priority Club chain of hotels. After checking in I was informed they don't allow dogs and they were going to add $ 150.00 to the super high rate already been paid been Memorial Day week-end. The receptionist "Avis" was making fun of the situation and the floor Manager, Rachel was not friendly neither very professional in leading with the situation. My parents drove back home with the dog and I stay because they would not refund the $ 266.00. First time in my life a hotel staff is not able to resolve a situation where both parties could agree. Thank you for the worst experience ever and ruining my week-end. Thank you for nothing and you'll never see back again!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family