“Great place, good people, cool pool, & on one of the nicest braches on the planet.”

Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed September 19, 2009

This is a really nice stay on the beach. Rooms are generous, beds are comfortable, micro-fridge, beach view from most rooms, and the pool is super - a great place to relax after the sun & surf on the beach. Even has a pool bar. The desk personnel were wonderful in trying to help me with a screwed up third party online reservation and when it couldn't be resolved they found us the room we wanted at an even better rate to make up for difficulties. The place is very clean and quiet; and everything seems to be very well maintained.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2009

They seen to charge what ever they can get out of you. When my husband ask the price he was told it would be $400.00 a night. He said he was not going to pay that and started to leave,the rude desk clerk said "how about $299.00 for Sat. and $199.00 for Fri." Since it was getting late and we really wanted to stay on the beach we agreed. Later my husband called, on his cell phone, the hotel and ask the price of a room for Sat. night and he was told it would be $370.00. This place is a rip-off.
The room was just average, the hall carpet was very dirty, the breakfast was nothing and the staff was rude. The only friendly person we ran into was an older genterman who cleaned the pool. The only good thing i can say about this place is, the pool was nice.
We found the whole area, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores to be over priced and mostly rude unfriendly people. We left and went to Tybee Island Ga. Wonderful place, friendly people, great beach and NO price gouging. Rooms were $134.00 a night on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2009

My husband had a meeting in OB so I tagged along for a 2 day vacation. Second stay at this Holiday Inn and I love it! No complaints whatsoever. Employees are friendly and helpful. Ocean front room was impeccable. Pool area was relaxing...just a few yards from the beach. Breakfast was good.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My 3 kids (13, 10, & 6), my mom and I stayed for 2 nights here. It was everything I expected - nothing more, nothing less. I wanted to stay "on the beach" but not pay the condo prices-this hotel is great for that. The room was clean and nothing out of the ordinary. The kids loved the pool and we all loved the beach.
The staff was polite and friendly. The breakfast was decent for continental.
I am glad I read the reviews on here and chose HIE on the beach!

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed here for the first time in September 2007 and knew we would be back! The place has been remodeled quite a bit in the last two years. We arrived on the Thursday before Mother's Day, May 8th, and there was a problem with computers being down, but the Guest Experience Champion Mathew Spivey handled it like a pro, assigning our room, distributing our card key and checking us in without the benefit of technology. Assisting him was Suzanne Parker, Director of sales, also handling a large group for a regional track meet and not holding anyone up. Our room # 613, was clean and a good size with a fridge and microwave . I always bring my own coffeepot and coffee.

Pool area and water was clean and landscaping perfectly manicured as on our previous visit. Drink cabana serves really good drinks and snacks but drinks are pricey. If you want a table with umbrella, get out early as there should be a few more out there to accomodate peak occupancy. Make sure you get beach towels from main desk as they are larger than the bathroom ones. Since the beach is a short walk down boardwalk, most of the people end up at pool at end of day. Beaches are clean, powdery white and water beautiful. Bring your own beach chairs and umbrellas as you have to rent them and can be pricey. There is a CVS Drug Store down Perdido Beach Blvd., where we bought a nice beach chair with its own canopy for $24. which paid for one days rental. CVS also had beach umbrellas for sale.

For breakfast, their hard-working Express Breakfast attendant Christa made sure that we had everything we needed for our complimentary breakfast. The items on buffet included: Mini-muffins(poppy seed lemon, blueberry), bagels, english muffins, white/wheat bread, homemade biscuits/white gravy, 4 different dry cereals, milk(Vit.A, 2%), yogurt, coffee(de-caff.& caff.) homecooked egg & cheese omelets,sausage patties, juices(apple & orange), butter,jellies,peanut butter tubs, sweet rolls. I suggest you go eat breakfast early as it does get crowded right around 8-9. The room attendants, landscapers, and the entire group of
people I have encountered at this place are always smiling, positive and helpful. They truly like their jobs and it shows with how well all of them perform.

There is a souvenir shop next door, and restaurants within walking distance of hotel. Make sure you check out The Wharf which has great restaurants, bars, and shops, Rave movie theatre, ferris wheel, and many other businesses. . Ask at desk for directions or go to mapquest online and enter destination of The Wharf at 23101 Canal Rd, Orange Beach, AL 36561. It has only been there (3) yrs.

One last note, I do bring my laptop with me everywhere and I had to move my laptop from one side of room to another to get Wi-Fi connection, but had no difficulty with internet connection once moved.

I hope this helps your vacation go smoothly. Let me know how you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you. Susan

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gotoperson
Reviewed July 20, 2009

After a week in Destin my family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Orange Beach. As a travel professional for many years I have seen and stayed at numerous hotels and resorts. I have to say I have never been so disappointed in a property. The excellent feedback and the hotel website made me feel confident in staying here. I suppose it's all about your expectations. We used priority points and paid an additional 60.00 for the night. The going rate was over 350.00. I felt 60.00 was the most anyone should ever pay for this marginal hotel. The hotel was clean and staff was nice...especially the front desk. However it was just average. They had a tacky mural on the wall and outdated furniture in the lobby. (Several other Holdiay Inn Express hotels in the area looked far better.) It was almost comical coming from the Hilton Sandestin. The beach here was so dirty with cigarette butts and trash everywhere. My kids didn't even want to get into the water. The pool was nice but really small. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning but could otherwise not wait to leave. If you are looking for this kind of environment, well at least it was clean.

2  Thank TRVLMOMSTL
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We traveled a long 18 hours from Milwaukee, WI to enjoy the best vacation ever. The hotel was very clean - I believe they had recently renovated part of it. The staff was excellent! The front desk and housekeeping called us everyday asking if we needed anything and how everything was. The drinks at the poolside bar were very tasty and the bartender was very nice and helpful (one of the people in our group was stung by a jellyfish and he told us the best remedy - although kind of odd and a little gross, it worked!)
It was by far the best stay at the best value to be able to walk right outside and be on the beach. The breakfast bar was nice with a variety of things to eat. I can't rave enough about the stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family