“Great Staff, Outstanding Views, Easy Beach Access”

Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed June 24, 2013

he hotel has beautiful views on the Gulf front side. We were on the 5th floor and the views were spectacular. The staff was amazing, very helpful and pleasant. Better than most Holiday Inn properties that I have stayed at.

The swimming pool was great and my kids loved it. Also access to the beach was very easy and convenient.

The hotel lobby has beautiful fish tanks that my kids enjoyed while checking in and the breakfast was outstanding, although the dining area stayed very crowded.

The rooms were clean and typical Holiday Inn Express. The air conditioning is the best and most efficient of ANY hotel I have ever stayed. The rooms were spacious enough, although more dresser or table top room would have been nice as it is very limited and made it difficult to use the table when beach bags, toys, etc... were on it.

My only two complaints are the elevators take a long time and often you have to wait as they are full with people. Another elevator or two is really needed at this property. The other is the balcony on the Gulf front rooms. It is very small, not enough space to truly relax while looking at the gulf.

Overall the experience was great and I would definitely stay here again without hesitation!

Room Tip: Make sure to get Gulf Front, otherwise you will be looking an condos or a gift shop. Best A/C of an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
christina g, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We are so happy to hear that overall your stay was great at our hotel. Our staff takes a lot of pride in ensuring all of our guests feel at home and we love to hear great feedback such as yours regarding our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel itself is fine. The staff was great, check in was super easy. The room was clean and average, what you would expect for a highly used hotel room on the beach. The elevators were a little slow, but the hotel was pretty full, so that would be expected. The pool area is fantastic... It's creatively lit, has an infinity edge over into a smaller pool. Very impressed. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We could see the beach from the west side, doesn't seem like you could from the east side becaus...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michljames, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

We are so happy to hear that you were able to come stay with us and enjoyed your stay. We are also glad to hear that you had so much fun on our pool deck enjoying the beautiful Orange Beach Weather.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great location, friendly staff, rooms were clean, and the view if the beach and pool was great. The only thing I found wrong with the place was the elevator only worked half the time. I would highly recommend it as a great place to stay for any weekend getaways to the beach!

• Stayed: June 2013

We are so happy to hear that you had an Awesome get a way out our hotel. We hope to see you again soon on your next get away

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a nice, small, and clean hotel, The staff are super friendly, the beds are super comfy and the pool is awesome. They also have a nice breakfast buffet and we loved the drinks from the bar at the pool. We had a great stay! O and the souvenir shop next door was very convenient.

1  Thank Kinstersmom
christina g, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

It is so nice to hear that you have had an awesome experience at our hotel. Our goal is to ensure al of our guests have an experience such as yours. Thank you again for your candid review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located on the "beach side" - no crossing road to get to the pool (which is fantastic) and the beach, so no worries with crossing the little ones across the street to get them to the beach and pool. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet each morning, so take advantage of that!

Room Tip: They do have balcony rooms overlooking the pool/beach (for an addl charge), but these tend to be a b...
1  Thank Vicki B

It is great to hear comments such as yours that you had a great experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. The staff was friendly and the front desk gave perfect recommendations for where to eat and what to do in the area. It's a small hotel that gives more of a cozy feeling than a larger hotel. The only thing was that because they are small it was difficult to get beach towels for usage. Since this was stop 3 of our 2 week trip to the south, we didn't bring our own beach towels since it was a lot to pack. I suggest asking the front desk for beach towels when you check in and then keep them for use throughout your stay. You can always dry them out on the balcony :-) Otherwise if you turn them in you may not get one for use when you need it. Just make sure to return them when you check out so others can use them!! I left a white flower ring in my room so I'm hoping to hear back from them if they found and placed it in lost and found.

1  Thank Shirley L

Thank you very much for your candid review about your recent stay with us. I would like to assure you we are addressing the current issue of the shortage of beach towels and we have purchased a large amount of them. I will personally look into the lost and found inquiry you had and contact you about the item. I hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I wish I could rate this hotel a zero. My husband and I reserved this room a couple weeks before our stay and everything was confirmed. We arrived at this hotel after an 8 hour drive tired and ready to rest. Well things were a little differently because when we arrived we were informed that our reservation was cancelled the morning of arrival because my credit card was declined. [--]!! They advised they attempted to contact me on the phone number I had listed and they didn't. I had no received or missed calls from Holiday Inn nor did I have a voice mail which is what most businesses do when they call with important information.

We were told that they attempt to charge for one nights stay and if the card doesn't go through they will cancel the reservation. It seemed very strange that the cancellation deadline was two days ago and they didn't try to run the card then or contact me. I think they just opted to give the room to someone that was paying twice as much as my $182 government rate. They attempted to send me to the Hampton Inn for $300 a night. I don't think so!!. So oddly enough we drove and went directly to Comfort Inn & Suites and guess what.....the same exact card Holiday Inn Express CLAIM they tried to authorize this morning went through for the entire stay at Comfort Inn. (Not to mention the same card we did ALL of our shopping on while we were there) We didn't have a lot of options because every hotel was booked and we were highly disappointed that we could not stay on the beach as we always do.

We were completely inconvenienced and turning around driving 8 hours back home was not an option. Clearly someone didn't do their job or either it's just H.I. being greedy lampreys and not caring about leaving us standing out in the cold so they can make more money on someone that walked in paying twice the rate. I patronize Holiday Inn often and I'd never had a problem with any of my stays but after this I will never patronize another Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank soutlaw3
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear soutlaw3,

Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your experience with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you experienced and the confusion you had with your reservations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B