“my daughter loved the pool” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
South Mississippi
“my daughter loved the pool”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

On a whim we drove to orange beach pulled up and asked for vacancy @ the first place that looked decent and affordable.
We were in luck.
My little girl loved the aquarium in the lobby.
We couldn't afford a beach view but The room seemed clean and there was a nice little balcony with not much of a view but a steady, comfortable breeze, great for having a smoke.
The pool area has gated access to the beach My daughter had a great time. It has been a while since my stay, but I have fond memories.
There is also a fridge in the room and a grocery store just down the road so you can eat on a budget to offset the price of the room.

• Liked — the pool and beach access
  • Disliked — kind of pricey but it is a tourist destination can't blame them for wanting to make money
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2008

Nice, clean hotel. Breakfast buffet was good. Great location. Pool very nice. Staff was friendly.

I don't recommend staying on the first floor, especially room 116. There are only a few rooms on the first floor. High traffic area. Near front desk. Room 116 (where we stayed) is across from the ONLY elevator at the hotel so it was VERY noisy.

I would stay there again, but not on the first floor.

Stayed February 2008
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2007

Management failed to respond to multiple requests for a management callback concerning issues. Room was unacceptable

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — staff, room cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank bamavisitor07
Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

First the good:
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! Perfect location on the beach. We received excellent rates through AAA, cheaper than anything else directly on the beach. Beautiful pool. Average breakfast. Clean common areas. Friendly staff.

The Bad:
Plumbing problems, there was mold in our bathroom above and around the shower. The ceiling had obviously, at one time, held water from the plumbing above. At one point, during our stay, a handy man had to come into the room to inspect our plumbing b/c the room below ours was experiencing some problems.

Uncomfortable bed. I could feel every spring.

The third and final night we were there I turned over a pillow my husband had used and I noticed mascara, which I don't wear, on the pillow. I am hoping that it was a stain (and my husband thinks that it was) and not something from the previous guest. Still, this left an uneasy feeling.

I will have to say, I did not address any of these concerns with the staff, therefore they didn't have the opportunity to resolve them.

I might be tempted to stay at this hotel again for the price and location but it is definitely not a four star hotel!

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank mamie222
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

To be honest, I was not expecting much. I was very suprised once we arrived. The beach was clean and larger than I thought it would be since this is not a large hotel. It was never crowded and was very relaxing. I was nervous about bringing our 2 children, but they made several friends while we were there. I don't think we could have chosen a better location for a family vacation.
The staff was helpful and polite. The hotel was clean. The rooms were very spacious. The bed was the most comfortable bed I had every slept in!! The hotel is located close to everything we wanted to do. We could have stayed for a week and still would not have been bored.
We had a great time and are definetly going back next summer. It was worth every penny!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank honor_7
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Orange Beach
for four nights in August 2007. Orange beach is a wonderful place to get away and just enjoy life. This hotel is in the perfect
area of town and directly on the beach. The beaches are beautiful
and very clean. This Holiday Inn was well kept, had a great breakfast each morning and the staff was very friendly, but not
intruding. We stayed on the 6th floor, not a direct gulf view, but
still had a view of the ocean, but for less money. The pool at
this hotel is one of the cleanest and neatest pools I have ever
seen, they constantly were working and taking care of it. Just wonderful, setting out by the pool and directly overlooking the gulf.
The beds is this hotel were some of the most comfortable I have
ever slept on in a hotel. We had rather stay here than one of the
many condos available in the area. We loved our experience.

• Liked — loacation
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2007

Very nice property, great location, nice big room, however we did not have a great service stay. I am a platinum priority club member and I was told when I booked that I would be able to upgrade to an oceanview room if it was available at check in. So when we pulled into the parking lot I called the hotel and was told they had several oceanview rooms available. One minute later while I was checking in I asked about an oceanview room and without even looking in the computer the unhappy front desk clerk told me they didn't have any available. I am not one to argue so I took our keys and we went to the room. I then logged onto the internet and found oceanview rooms available. I then called the 1-800 number and they said they had oceanview rooms. I then called the hotel and they said they had oceanview rooms. It's unfortunate this all happened because it is a very nice property that was very clean although the rest of the staff wasn't very friendly, not rude, just not friendly. Breakfast was a typical HIE continental, nothing more.

• Liked — Beach
  • Disliked — Lack of service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family