“Excellent Hotel on the Gulf Beach”

Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Madison
“Excellent Hotel on the Gulf Beach”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My friend, her sister and niece and I stayed here for four nights and three days. We had a beach side room on the sixth floor which included a balcony view of the beach and gulf itself. From the time we arrived until we checked out we were treated great! All the staff we very pleasant and warm to all of us. They chatted with us when they were on the elevators and even called the first full day here to see if everything was okay for us. Room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel was very clean and floors were always well vaccumed of scrubbed/ It was a marvel at how they kept up with a full house of guests running in and out and up and down with wet swimsuits, but they did. This is our favorite stay while at Gulf Shores,

Room Tip: Would suggest you try an upper floor and may be the beach side. All rooms are a good rate. If you...
1 Thank Kathy E
MistianneB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We are very glad to hear you and your travel buddies enjoyed your stay here with us. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The beach is great to play in. The beach and pool are as warm as bath water. I spent hours in the water. The breakfast was satisfying. It was clean. It had free beach towels so you didn't need to bring your own. The staff are friendlly and helpful. A great place to relax. We stayed 4 nights and 3 days.

Room Tip: The 6th floor beach side provided a good view of the gulf. It is quiet. Room is a good size for 4...
1 Thank Betty R
MistianneB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thanks! We love the beach too, we put it there just for you. We have lots of other great things to do while visiting in Orange Beach. Look me via email or by phone, mboler@innisfree.com / 251.974.1634, up the next time you are in town for great suggestions for dining and fun things to do. See you soon!
Alabama
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights and it was overall a great place. We had a few issues with the room however the staff worked hard to resolve them the best they could. When we first checked in and went to our room there was a weird (yuk) smell. The maid came in right behind us and apologized and said she wasn't sure what it was but she smelled it when cleaning and came back to Febreeze the room. The next morning someone from the front desk called to see if it was any better we told them "not really". They sent a maintenance man up who end up putting a dehumidifier in our room. He apologized for the noise that it makes but we didn't mind the humming it made just made us sleep even better. Thankfully, the dehumidifier did help with the odor. The refrig wasn't cooling well. I called down to let them know and within a few minutes
someone was at the door to check it. The front desk also followed up with a call to make sure it was taken care of as well. There were a couple of issues with the room however they really tried hard to fix them and they followed up to make sure we were pleased, that goes a long way.
The hotel has lots of positives! The room was clean! The breakfast was good! The pool was clean and had lots of chairs, even a couple of hammocks. The poolside bar was great and the staff was friendly. Easy walk down to the beach!
The hotel is in a good location, Publix, Dollar General etc...very close and some restaurants. Overall we had a great stay and would return.

Room Tip: Rooms on both sides of the hotel are facing other condos. The left side is facing very closely to co...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. Reviews like this allow us to improve in areas where needed and congratulate our staff on a job well done. Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity to be of service again very soon!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 5 days. It had several pros and cons in my opinion.

Pros:

1. Gulf Front - Unobstructed View

2. Pool - was nice and clean

3. Breakfast - was ok and there was several options to choose from

4. Parking - I never had a problem finding parking at any time

Cons:

1. Price - the gulf front room was very expensive

2. No sunrise/sunset views - each side of the balcony had a view of another hotel

3. Mildew - found on the ceiling

4. Sheets - stain on one of the pillows

5. Tub - had a rusted out crack in the floor

6. Noise - The flyer about the pool said pool hours are 9 am - 10 pm but a sign at the pool said open 24 hrs? Kids were yelling and screaming until 11:30 pm several nights. They need to either correct the flyer or the pool area sign.

7. Vending - My room was outside of the vending area in the hall (I did not know this when I booked my room) and I got to hear the ice machine being used literally all hours of the night.

8. Housekeeping - I was in my room one day and heard one of the house keepers loudly talking in the hall on her cell phone about her personal domestic issues.

I realize this is not the Ritz-Carlton but for the price I paid for a room I expected a little bit more. I'm sure if I had went during off season it may have been a different experience but I could not due to job circumstances.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TNTraveler55138
Thank you for your candid review. We value the opinions of our guests greatly. We apologize for any inconveniences exerienced during your stay. Should you choose to visit with us again, please look me up. My name is Mistianne Boler, Director of Sales here at the Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach. I will personally see to it that you have a fabulous vacation here with us.
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for four nights and we had a room facing the gulf. It was great !!!! The room was a nice size and the pool was really nice.

The pool is equipped with many lounge chairs and a poolside bar. The beach/gulf is 50 yards from the hotel, so it is easily accessible.

The staff was great, including the front desk, breakfast assistant, and room stewards.

Orange Beach is only 5 minutes from Gulf Shores and there is much less traffic. So many great restaurants are within a mile of the hotel. This hotel is situated on the beach much nicer than any hotel in Gulf Shores for the same price.

We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this property and we definitely go there again if/when we return to the Gulf Shores area.

1 Thank 60404Cja
MistianneB, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We love the beachside pool too! It is a great place to relax and get some sun. Our seasonal pool bar is a favorite with most of our guests, so we are glad to hear you enjoyed it as well. We will share you kind words with our entire staff as a pat on the back and a job well done. We would love to have you and your family back to visit anytime! We hope to see you again very soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel was right on the beach with private beach access. Rooms were clean, staff was great. We got a great rate compared to all the other hotels on the beach that were $300+ a night. This hotel also serves breakfast and is very family friendly.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor if you have a ocean view room because you can only see the pool whic...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tia T
Thank you Tia for the awesome review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and look forward to the opportunity to be of service again very soon!
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is just average for the high price that you pay. Excellent view of the Gulf from our Gulf front room on the 4th floor! The pool, however, is horribly murky! I'm afraid to let my kids swim while I lay in a chair, because I don't think I could see them under the water if something were to happen to them. It's such a pretty layout for the pool area. Something just needs to be done to treat the water. I'll probably do a little more searching before I decide which place to stay at next time.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank searnette
Searnette, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed the view from your balcony and apologize for the inconvenience of the murky pool. We have talked with our Chief Engineer of Mantenance and assure you that this will not be a problem again. We do hope to see you and your familiy again in hopes to show you that we do know the true meaning of customer service and hospitality. My name is Mistianne Boler, Sales Coordinator for the Holiday Inn Express. Should you choose to stay with us again, please contact me directly at mboler@innisfree.com. I will personally see to it that you and your family have a fabulous vacation. Safe travels.