“Great location, nice room and beautiful Gulf view”

Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had a great time at Orange Beach a couple weeks ago. The room was nice and very clean. the staff, especially those working the breakfast shift, were very nice and helpful. We have no complaints about the accommodations, but we did find out that we paid double what other guests were paying for the same time period. we tried to get an adjustment, but were told that we should have asked upon check in and since we didn't ask until check out, there was nothing that could be done.

We will stay here again, but we will check online for better rates before check in next time.

Room Tip: Rooms with Balconies and Gulf views are best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Cherylb204,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent experience with us. I am happy to hear that you had a great time with us. I will pass your compliments along to the breakfast staff as well as the rest of our team. I do apologize about any confusion with your rate during your stay with us. Our rates fluctuate and change daily. Definitely give us a call the next time that you are planning your trip with us and we will be happy to help. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The staff was very nice and accommodating to our families request. Check in was fast and smooth. I have a teenager and a toddler, we enjoyed the pool area and a quick access to the beach. The adults can enjoy a cocktail at the pool bar, the bartender was very nice and poured wonderful drinks for me and my husband. We did not make it to breakfast, but I am sure it was great, too. Great location for families to enjoy the beach. This was my toddlers first time to the beach and she loved it. Free internet in rooms, microwave and refrig...great for families. Very close to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: pay a little more for an ocean view, it is well worth it.

Bobbie P,

Thank you for choosing us for your "family road warriors" vacation stop! I am very happy to hear that you had a great and memorable experience with us and I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our team. We always love to hear about kids first reactions to seeing the beach, and I am glad that your daughter loved it. We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time that you are planning your beach getaway! We hope to welcome you back for future trips, until then we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had a very nice 4 day vacation in Orange Beach. The staff members at the Hilton were very friendly and accommodation. I feel for the price that I paid, the room and hotel common areas should have been more updated. The rooms are very tired and the pool area a bit too small for the amount of guest. These days there should be a safe in every room. The vacation was still wonderful and beach was great. I recommend that every visitor take a drive to the farm areas in Elberta to check out the local farm markets. Children can feed chickens, pick the fresh fruit of the season and buy home made jelly, jam and hot sauce. Lots of fun.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

LynnMPaige,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent experience with us! I will pass you compliments along to the rest of our team. We appreciate your constructive criticism as well and will look into the items that you mentioned. We are in the process of doing some more updating to our hotel in the upcoming months. We do have safety deposit boxes available at our front desk upon request that are free to use for our guests.
Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us! We hope to welcome you back the next time that you are in the area.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

A nice hotel that was clean and neat. The AC worked great in our room and the hospitality was excellent. Beach was nice with white sand. A quite place to visit and have a great time with your family. Very simple to get to and without all the commercialization that usually happens at resorts. This was a small town .

Matthew B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed our comfort and southern hospitality. I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our team. Please keep us in mind the next time you are planning your beach vacation; we would love to welcome you back! Thanks again for you review and for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach offers great value/quality stay. Beach was awesome!!! Highly recommend hotel for anyone wanting all bells and whistles on the beach while giving good price per night. Keep up great service with very clean facilities.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Raymond H,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am happy to hear that you had a great time and I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our team. Great service is our number one priority and I am glad that our staff delivered that for you during your stay. Please keep us in mind when you are planning your next beach vacation and we would love to welcome you and your family back to stay with us! Thanks again and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The location is great with food, and shopping nearby. It's on a good stretch of beach and the hotel is very quiet, with attentive and courteous staff. The only downside I saw is that there is typically a small wait for either of the two elevators, whether due to the number of guests ahead of you, or simply waiting for the elevator to arrive. But I must admit, this is very minor, because all the perks mentioned earlier heavily outweigh the elevator issues. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Todd D,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had a great time during your beach getaway. Thank you for your compliments, I will pass them along to the rest of our team. We are very lucky with our location being close to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our area! Thanks again and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We took the family to Orange Beach during the time of the Hangout Festival. I would probably not do that again. The crowd was college aged and it was too much of a party scene at the pool. We had to call the front desk because some kids were playing really explicit music at the pool. I couldn't even let my kids go out there. It took about 10 minutes to finally get them to turn it off. We waited forever for breakfast in the morning and were skipped a couple times while waiting. Beach is nice and pool was fun for the kids.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

trishbella,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent experience with us. The weekend of Hangout Music Festival is one of our busiest weekends, as it is everywhere on the beach. I do apologize about the music around the pool, but I am glad that our team was able to get the to turn it off for the other families that were around. August is a great time to bring the kids right before school starts or in the fall as well. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back the next time that you are planning your beach vacation!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Beach
SpringHill Suites Orange Beach at The Wharf
Best Western On The Beach
Best Western On The Beach
#3 of 25 in Gulf Shores

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach? Share your experiences!