“beach”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
“beach”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

great location! Pool is small and doesn't allow for small children. No kiddie pool. Our room the bed needs to be replaced. Didn't eat at the hotel. Breakfast was $9.95 per adult, so I cannot say whether is was good or bad. Room was clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Memawto6,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you had an overall good stay with us. We will look into the room that you stayed in at the quality of the mattresses. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Norman, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had booked a last minute getaway, to Orange Beach, Al for my daughter and I. We had planned on staying 4 nights (9/1-9/5/13) however, we checked out after 1 night. I had stayed at many Hilton Garden Inns over the years while traveling, and had never been disappointed until this time on our getaway trip.
When we check in to the hotel, the Lobby was very fresh and beautiful. We received our room key and proceeded up the elevator to the 3rd floor. The elevators were very slow we had to wait 3 times before there was room for us to get into the elevator. There were multiple families with large inter-tubes making it difficult to get in with our luggage. I noticed the back lobby (where the elevators were) was not kept as clean as the front. There was sand everywhere.
Once we made it up to our room on the 3rd floor, overlooking the pool, there were many young adults smoking and making quite a bit of noise at the pool. Needless to say, we did not spend any time on our balcony as the cigarette smoke was very bothersome.
The room was very musty smelling and dark. It was in need of a make-over (which I found out later they are in the process of doing). The beds were extremely hard and not the product that I was accustom to with the Hilton product line.
Needless to say, we decided to check out the next morning. When the clerk asked why I was checking out early, I told her that my daughter and I were very disappointed in the accommodations. She apologized and said that hotel was the 2nd oldest Hilton Gardens and they were in the process of updating it. When I asked to speak with the manger, she wasn't available.
We decided to move to the Hampton Inn down the road and had amazing rest of our vacation with outstanding accommodations and service.
I would not recommend this hotel if you are used to the quality of Hilton Garden Inns.
I was still upset about our stay once we got back home. I tried to call the hotel and speak with the manager. The front desk clerk said that she was not in, but I was welcome to call back tomorrow when she would be in.
I work in the field of Customer Service and know that I would loose my customers if they had to run me down to express an opportunity for improvement in my product.
This is why I gave this hotel such a low score. I would not recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Terri O,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We again apologize for the inconveniences that you endured, if there is anything we can do to correct this please let us know. We are happy to announce that we will be renovating our guest rooms beginning at the end of this month. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to see our improvements after our guest room renovation.
Calera, Alabama
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband & I travel a lot. We chose this hotel because of the points on our reward card.The rooms are always clean. Awesome view of the beach, and a very short walk to the beach. Staff are very friendly, they always seem happy to help. We enjoy the pool and the hot tub that has a Tikki Bar right there on the patio. We have stayed here more than once. Will always come back here.

Room Tip: Ocean Front always gives you the best view of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Karrie G,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent experience with us. I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our staff. We are excited to let our guests know that we are starting to remodel our guest rooms later on this month. We look forward to welcoming you back to see our improvements on your next trip to Orange Beach. Thanks again for your review and for choosing us for your stay in our area.
Port Saint Joe, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2013

pool was nice, and has a Tikki Bar. staff was great! directly on the beach all rooms with balconys, nice boardwalk to beach,rooms were nice,the hotel was a little dated compared to most Hiltons, but they are starting to remodel. would reccomend and stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
cynthia l,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in Orange Beach and I am pleased to hear that you had a great time with us! I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our staff. We are starting the remodel of our guest rooms later this month and we hope to welcome you back to see what improvements that we have made. Until then, we wish you safe travels.
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stay at Garden Inns frequently during our travels and like their layouts and the fact that decent food and beverage are available at reasonable prices. Our recent stay at Orange Beach was disappointing. Although a display in the lobby announced a forthcoming renovation, from my observations, the upgrade was long overdue. Wall paper in our bathroom was torn and stained. The veranda deck on an adjacent room showed signs of structural cracks. Management of the breakfast area was lacking. On more than one occasion during our 3 day stay, coffee stations were out of coffee or cream, requiring patrons to seek out staff for replenishment. Clearing of tables was "catch as catch can". On one occasion, the orange juice dispenser was pouring watered down juice. When brought to staff attention, the machine was re-serviced, but the juice was still watered down. The bread toaster did not work properly throughout our stay---after 4 minutes of waiting, I gave up on it and took my "warm bread" as it was. The breakfast buffet line offered bacon, sausage, potatoes, and scrambled eggs, but were not kept as warm as they should have been. The saving grace of breakfast was made to order eggs, omlettes, or waffles. Attention to detail would have remedied these shortfalls, but no one appeared to be managing the function properly. Other that that, the hotel has a great location, with a nice pool and outside bar area. A beautiful sandy beach with nicely padded lounge chairs (for rent) was an easy walk from the pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
pilotpaul70,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I apologize that a few of our amenities fell short of your expectations. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay is as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely important to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service that we provide to our guests and property. In addition, please know that your comments and issues you have brought up in your review will be addressed at our next manager meeting.

Thanks for choosing us for your stay in Orange Beach and we do hope to welcome you back in the future once our renovations have been completed.
Biloxi, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation weekend we've ever experienced. The entire hotel staff was friendly and courteous and made us feel like part of the family. The breakfast experience was incredible! The food preparation was superb, and all the breakfast crew demonstrated a genuine interest in our well being while providing the best possible service!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Van S,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you had an excellent time with us and I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the rest of our staff. Our goal is to make our guests have a fantastic experience and I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer.

Thanks again for your review and for choosing us for your "last hurrah"! We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Until then, we wish you safe travels!
Phillips
Reviewed September 8, 2013

we stayed 3 nights and I was happy with our stay. Our rooms were clean and comfortable, nothing fancy, but it did have refrigerator and microwave. Small indoor/outdoor pool but fine. Beautiful location and beautiful beach. The only complaint was they had only one person at the front desk and we waited quite awhile to check in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time with us and were able to enjoy all that we have to offer. I will pass your concerns about check in to our front desk supervisor. We will begin renovating our guest rooms in a few weeks and we hope to welcome you back to see our improvements in the near future! Thanks again for your review and we wish you safe travels!