“Right on the Beach”

Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We drove down on a Friday and our condo wasn't going to be ready until the next day so we needed a hotel for one night. We found a gem right on the beach. The Hilton Garden Inn at Orange Beach offers, in addition to all the amenities they are known for, a lovely pool area with an indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, pool side bar, and beach access. Robert, at the bar, whips up a mean pina colada. While most hotels are laying out the same old continental breakfast, HGI serves a made to order breakfast that is superb for less than ten bucks. If you run into Austin at breakfast you can get some snarky commentary to go with your coffee. I love that. The staff is friendly and if you have a problem they will work hard to make it right.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

MadameHousewife,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to Robert and Austin, and the rest of our staff as well so they know that their hard work is showing.

I hope that you do keep us in mind the next time that you are in our area. Thank you again for your compliments and your honest review. Safe travels.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I do not like to complain, so this is new to me. When I was a traveling rep, I ALWAYS stayed at Hilton branded hotels because there was a very high level of standards consistent throughout the chain. I trusted (and was always satisfied) that the staff, property, and amenities would exceed my expectations. A year and a half ago, an illness ended my career and rendered me disabled, therefore earning no more rewards. So I have been enjoying those. I am currently staying on the 6th floor of the hotel with my wife, as I used the last of my points to come here for our 38th anniversary. The staff has been everything I would expect. And then some. However, the property itself is run down, dated, and in less than Hilton condition. I have stayed in many Garden Inns, but this one is so-so at best. Bathroom sink with putty and mildew, air conditioner mounting all rusted, dingy bed clothing, and a shower curtain that looked like it spent its life wadded up into a garbage bag. The thermostat quit working so it got very warm last night. Too warm. The balcony has a gash in the wall, and two cheap Walmart chairs.

This is not the standard of Hilton I have come to expect and am extremely disappointed to have spent my last points at this location, and to have spent our anniversary here. The only saving grace is the staff! After all, they don't own the property!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Irish77060,

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our hotel this past weekend. I was pleased to hear that you had excellent experiences with our staff. I will be sure to pass that along.

We are currently going through renovations of all of our public areas. We are very excited as this will bring a more modern feel to our hotel and improve our guests experience with us. We will have our maintenance staff look into the issues that you had mentioned.

If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly at 251-974-1600. Again, thank you for your honest review of our hotel, as it can only help us improve.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I am here on business and needed help this evening with a variety of work related issues. Margarita was very kind and understanding and helpful with my requests. Everyone I have come in contact with here at the Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach have gone out of their way to be helpful and friendly and it's off season! Thanks folks!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Matt L,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, I am pleased to hear that you had a great experience with our staff and that we were able to help you out while you were here with us. I will pass your kind words along to Margarita and to the rest of our staff.

Please keep us in mind the next time that you are in the area and we would love to welcome you back. Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our first trip to Orange Beach was great at this hotel. The staff was very friendly. I had both a late check in and late check out with no problems. You can walk right out to the beach- didnt even try the pool! The room we had seemed larger than a standard room. The place was clean and presentable.

3  Thank LosSargentos
Gyrod, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

LosSargentos,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I am pleased to hear that you had a great time with us. Maybe next time you are here you can stay a little longer and enjoy our pool as well. I hope that your first trip to Orange Beach was everything you expected and I hope that you keep us in mind the next time that you are in the area. Thanks again and safe travels.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hurricane Isaac ruined our Labor Day plans so we decided on a whim to give this weekend a chance. This was our second time in less than a year that we stayed at the Orange Beach HGI. It was another great stay.

We checked in with no issue. We went to our room (on the second floor) and had a room with two queen beds and a pool view. The gulf could also be seen from our room.

Breakfast buffet was excellent. Lots of healthy choices and made to order omlets, pancakes and waffles.

The room was large, beds was comfortable and had no issues. Everything clean. The bathroom, we found, was a bit tight but since we were there only two nights it was no big deal.

The gulf waters couldn't have been more perfect. Such easy access...a short walk past the pool area and there you are.

Can't wait to try again sometime in 2013!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Gyrod, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Nola1961,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and that we have gained a loyal guest. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the rest of our staff so they know that their hard work shows.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We wanted a brief get away within sight of the beach. It was fine. The pool area was rather enclosed and felt distant from the beach. Weather cleared up Monday morning just in time for me to get a little sun :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gyrod, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

MsMiss39443,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am pleased to hear that you had a nice, quick getaway with us. We do have an indoor/outdoor pool area and because of the dunes it is hard to see the ocean but there is still the gulf breeze and the salt air to enjoy. Thanks again for your honest review and I hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We weekend at Orange Beach or Pensacola Beach two or three weekends a month every spring and fall, and consider ourselves frequent travelers. We used to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn frequently, but stopped after a less than satisfactory stay Thanksgiving week two years ago. We decided to give it another try this year, and made plans for Labor Day weekend at this hotel. We made our reservations six weeks in advance. We wanted to reserve a beach front room, but had to settle for a Beach/Pool view room because that was all that was available.

We arrived within an hour of check-in and room availability was already limited. The first room had hardly any view smelled of tobacco, even though it was a no smoking room. We were given another room, which unfortunately, had no view at all. To their credit the staff did try to make up for it and offered us complimentary breakfast. However, I came for the beach and the balcony and do not usually eat breakfast.

The room was otherwise clean, well maintained, and generally comfortable. The Wifi did not work and the best advice the front desk could offer was to "re-boot" my laptop. I used my Verizon for internet access.

Next time, we go back to Pensacola Beach. For us, it is the same distance and the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express there have bigger, nicer rooms at considerably lower rates.

The Hilton Garden Inn may be OK for stays in non-peak periods, but stay clear of them on busy holidays.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Gyrod, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Donald Joseph,

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We take our guests opinions seriously and I am going to personally look into the matters that you had mentioned. For weekends such as Labor Day our Beachfront rooms do sell fast; however, the majority of our pool view rooms have a decent view of the pool and the beach. I am sorry to hear about the first room that you were given as we should have inspected it more carefully. I have addressed this with our housekeepers.

Again, I apologize that you had a less than pleasant stay with us and I would hope that you would give us another chance the next time that you are in the Orange Beach or Gulf Shores area. Off season has some of the best times to come, but we welcome our guests anytime that they decide to visit us. Please give me a call and I would love a second chance to wow you. Thanks again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Beach
SpringHill Suites Orange Beach at The Wharf
Best Western On The Beach
Best Western On The Beach
#3 of 25 in Gulf Shores

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach? Share your experiences!