All reviews beach front rooms are small yogurt continental breakfast boiled eggs room was clean sliding door pool area would stay here again waffle maker west side king room ice machine staff was very friendly and helpful easy beach access beautiful beach nice pool
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Small rooms but a good value right on the beach. Breakfast was good. Pool area clean and plenty of chairs. You can see the ocean from most of the rooms will be back. Plenary of shopping and restaurants within walking distance

Room Tip: 1st floor so you don’t have to wait on elevators
Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2018

We stayed here the last week in August. We loved this area and loved this hotel. It was right on the beach. We could sit by the pool on a lounge chair and under the umbrella and then walk to the beach. We had a room with a nice king size bed. We did not have an ocean front room but we could still see the ocean from our room. It had a little balcony that you could walk out on and see the ocean. All of the staff were very nice. If we would come back to the area we would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018

This hotel was not worth what we paid in points for it. The booking process changed point value while I was booking. What started off costing me 12000 points per night wound up getting me billed for 30000 points per night. This is the only time I have ever had that happen booking with any hotel. I tried to get help on the phone and whoever I spoke with at Choice Hotels could not communicate and was talking about other hotels I had reserved. If I had kept on trying to speak with her other reservations I had would have probably got cancelled. The people at the hotel didn't care and didn't want to talk about it. This ripoff rate netted us a tiny little room with double beds & not much room in the bathroom. The hotel floor was gritty with sand. The hotel computer did not work right. Every time I got in the middle of something it crashed & lost my progress. I finally gave up. The breakfast was a joke & the breakfast area was crowded with people in each other's way. The coffee was bad. The diamond membership means nothing at all at this hotel. On account of the nightmare booking debacle we wound up with two nights here & one in Daphne, AL. For this reason only, we needed to check out late & they refused. Classic highway robbery. Luxury cost for cheap noisy motel. We were not looking for a handout. We paid a premium & got next to nothing. This was the worst Sleep Inn I have stayed in & Choice Hotels should hire a few people that can understand Americans. I expected more out of Choice Hotels Service. A good point system don't mean much when the points get robbed from you.

Room Tip: If all the rooms are like ours there are no good ones
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Sleep Inn O, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

We apologize that the choice representative did not clearly define our nightly point cost (which is determined by choice). Posting here does not help resolve the situation as you should let choice know how you feel so hopefully they would retrain that representative who made your reservation and this would not happen to other guests.
Late check out is "based on availability", that being said we always accommodate our guests (even elite members) with the latest we can offer which is typically noon. Why noon and not 2pm? The logistics of it all doesn't matter to you I am sure but I will try to explain: We are sold out of 118 rooms nearly every night during the summer. So when we have "diamond" members showing up at 9am (and check in is at 3pm) for a room occupied by a "diamond" member trying to check out at 2pm (and check out is at 11am) we split the difference and let the guest in the room check out at noon which gives us 1 hour to clean and inspect the room so we can check the other "diamond" member in to the room at around 1pm.
Unfortunately the size of the rooms is something we can not change and sand is something we cant avoid here at the beach when guests are constantly going in and out of the hotel, bare foot. I think we do a great job of managing it.
We do our best to make every stay perfect here at the beach for our guests and I am sorry we failed to do that for you. We will try harder and thank you for taking time to post valuable feedback about your experiences.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

This place is nothing fancy but a good deal for a beachfront hotel in Orange beach. The staff was nice and helpful, room was small but very comfortable and we were at the beach and pool all day, pool area was nice with plenty of chairs available and the beach was great. We rented chairs and umbrella for $30 a day on the beach(that's the going rate in the area) from a vendor and the service was great. Enjoyed our stay and we'll be back next summer

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Joel M
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We enjoyed our gulf front stay here. The pool area was nice, and there are lots of available lounge chairs. You can also rent umbrellas and loungers on the beach from an independent merchant not associated with the motel. We liked being able to grab breakfast on our way out to the beach without having to fix anything or leave the motel.

Stayed: June 2018