“Good Place for Price Point”

Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for a two night small family getaway during the week. The hotel met our two requirements-cool A/C and clean. It was also easy access to the beach. The green accents found throughout along with the wood look flooring made the hotel visually pleasing compared to the generic beige. Our only complaint was that we had room 115 which is across from the laundry room. It was noisy at times. We took our son in for an afternoon nap and could hear the entire staff conversation. The room was very convenient to parking and to the pool and beach since it was on the first floor, no beach view though. Overall, the hotel fit our needs without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a great place to stay and spend time on the white sugar sand beach of the Alabama gulf coast. The rooms are on the small side but very clean and quiet. The only complaint would be the ice machines could not keep up with the demands of a sold out hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The price was right for a place on the water. Our room on the 4th floor was clean & comfortable. The only complaint we had was the slow elevator. The staff was friendly & able to give me the Sr. discount which I failed to mention when I made reservations. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sandy C
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

When rating a hotel, I ask myself one simple question, "Would I stay here again?"

The answer to this question is yes. It's an excellent value. Could it be nicer? Sure, but everything about the hotel was good enough for me, especially for the price.

It wasn't noisy, the bed was really comfortable, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was fine, and it's spot on the beach isn't overly crowded.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Jim O
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I read various reviews and was a little apprehensive. I would like to report our stay there was wonderful. The staff was very nice and helpful. Our room was perfect. Even though our room did not face the beach, we could still see it from our balcony. The pool is great as well. We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Mommy2Autumn
Reviewed June 23, 2014

It is directly on the beach... and this coupled with the price, made the stay possible for me and some friends. Staff is friendly, rooms were clean but small as others were indicated. I can't comment on breakfast as I decided to go elsewhere. Management needs to focus on details... for example, there is a plastic plant near the stairwell at the from. The plastic plan is dusty and there are thick cobwebs that need to be removed IMMEDIATELY!!!! Carpeting needs shampooing ... Basically, I had not issues with the actual room, but the communal areas need attention. Nonetheless I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Gulf
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank FranM729
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel. Everyone was exceptionally friendly. We couldn't have asked for better customer service. The hotel was very clean and kept up very well. The rooms are nice and clean. The locations is fabulous. It is directly on the beach and is in an area that isn't overcrowded. You can walk to WalMart, Publix, many different restaurants. Make sure and try Moe's BBQ. It is beyond fabulous! Only complaints would be that the lobby is quite muggy and humid. Made for quick eating. The breakfast was basic. Usually hot breakfast means eggs, biscuits, but the only hot items were waffles and link sausage. Even with that we would definitely stay again. Actually looking to come again in a couple of months.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family