“I will be returning!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“I will be returning!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This stay at Sleep Inn in Orange Beach has been one of the best stays I have ever had at any hotel, and I travel alot! I slept like a baby all three nights... The room was pretty spacious and had everything I needed. I did have a balcony, even though it was only on the second floor and not beach front I still had a gorgeous view of the Gulf. The bathroom door without a handle was the only thing I found wrong. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Whenever I return to Orange Beach I will Stay at Sleep Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Sleep Inn has beach access and waterfront views on 2 sides. Great if you like to sleep to sound of the ocean. Nice rooms (what you would expect at the Sleep Inn level) very good service. We plan on returning there our next trip to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael B
North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited August 22-25 2013 and when we arrived the "older" man at the front desk was complaining on how busy he was, we got to our room and it was not an ocean/side view as I was told I had booked we had a parking lot view. The rooms were so small, the bed was so dirty and smelled, the round shower was scary and was confining. We had our "do not disturb" sign on the door and went out for a few hours to come back and found that a maid had been in our room and switched out our towels ( we never ask for them). We felt violated, we left our computers, jewelry, money, and other personal items laying around, nothing else was bothered but just knowing they were in our room, my husband we and ask the maid about it and she said yes she did she even took the "do not disturb" sign with her she had to get it off her cart to give back to us, so the next time we went out came back and the sign was gone again, I even ask the people across the hall about theirs and it was gone to. BEWARE!! They will enter your room!!!!

Room Tip: Go stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Susie G

Travelers are raving about these Orange Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We arrived a night early and needed a place to stay before getting our condo the next day. Many hotels were already booked so our choices were limited. The hotel is located right on the beach so that was nice. The pool area was pretty big but the pool itself was an ok size. The employees were friendly and helpful. Now let me get to the rooms. The room is SMALL! Two queen beds are stuffed in there. The bathroom does not have a bath tub, shower only. The balcony is so small it feels like your standing on a ledge. Don't plan on putting any chairs to sit on out there. The free breakfast I would pass on. It's a small serving area with tons of people grabbing and picking like piranhas. And for what? Waffle, sausage, bagels, cereal, and some sweet Danish. There were quite a few intoxicated 18 year olds running around this hotel. On the beach, hallways, and at night by the pool. It was ok for a night but I could not imagine being there for a few days on vacation. Enjoying your day on the beach and then coming back to relax in there! Ugh! Value wise I think it's a rip off. We are staying in a two bed, two bath condo with flat screen tvs, huge kitchen, and two balcony areas right on the beach. We paid $90 a night but when you add in tax, cleaning fees, etc it ends up being around $150 a night. That's about the same as sleep inn with taxes. If you can, plan ahead to get a condo!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank mjener
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is good if you are looking for a very small place to go for a maximum of two days. The rooms are VERY small. The room had a balcony or we would have felt like we were in a box. The breakfast is ok for a quick bite on the go. The property location is actually the best part. Good location on the beach and shopping is right across the street.
Good place just to shower & sleep. No thrills or whistles.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lausterer
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I needed a beach-front hotel for a good price with a reservation that could be cancelled with no penalty if my plans had to be changed. This hotel met those requirements fully.

We spent thrre nights here with the grandkids and had a great wxperience. We arrived well before check-in time but our room was ready for immediate check-in. The room was small, but it was clean and comfortable. Everything worked and we had no complaints during our stay. We found the staff to be friendly and courteous.

There were a few minor negatives, none of which was a deal breaker. First, the hotel posted signs stating that during peak occupancy there might be insufficient parking. Overflow parking was across the street in the grocery store lot. Thankfully, we found a parking spot each day with no problem.

I agree with another reviewer that the breakfast area barely accomodated the number of guests. I found that if you arrived early it was fine, but many guests waited until just before breakfast ended (9am) and chaos ensued.

Finally, there was a beach concession renting chairs and umbrellas. Much of the best beach front space was taken up by the vendor, so those of us with our own chairs and umbrellas sort of crowded over in front of the next hotel. The beach was packed and we ended up staking a claim behind others instead of having our own little front row view of the water.

I thought we got excellent value for the money and I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan B
Brookville, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights in mid July. We were in Alabama to be with my father as he was dying from cancer. The room was a gulf front room with a king bed. The room was old, small, and smelled.The toilet was so small that I was glad I was female and not male because your privates would be swimming every time you had to sit if you were male. The shower floor was loose and badly patched. There was a large spider squashed on the wall above the balcony door. The second night as my husband lay in bed watching tv, a water bug came crawling across the bed. Simply gross. Maid service was poor to nonexistent.The floor was never vacuumed. The bed was poorly made. The chair in the room was covered in somebody else's hair so we never used it. Glad we brought our own pillows. The bed was uncomfortable. We paid way too much money to stay there. We would have left for another hotel the first night if we would have gotten our money back and had there been any vacancies anywhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN on the Beach
BEST WESTERN on the Beach
#3 of 24 in Gulf Shores
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,078 reviews

Been to Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort? Share your experiences!