“Great Place on the beach for the price!”

Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I would by no means say this is the best place i gave it such a good rating for a couple reasons. Me and my wife decided on a friday night we wanted to go to the beach looked up hotels on my choice account for places and Sleep Inn popped up with a couple rooms. Booked for 3 nights using 75,000 choice points. Upon arrival we was informed our queen handicap room was changed to a double full bed room. I told the manager i thought we would rather have the other room with a bigger bed and he said that room is really small your not going to be happy with it. I said well i'm a big guy i will be sleeping on top of my wife. So he upgraded my room to a king beach front view room!!!! I was very impressed! Which i am a diamond choice member and use to some special treatment but not from a beach front hotel would i have expected this!!! The room was very clean and served its purpose for a beach getaway. Rooms are kinda small but it's a typical Sleep Inn room that you would see anywhere there all small with stall showers. I will be back and would recommend this room for a lower budget beach hotel stay. I think in peak the rooms start at 189 up to 299 for a king suite. And the staff seems to care and property has been kept up!

Room Tip: Get a gulf view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Will M

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Like anything right on the beach the room prices are outrageous ($200/nt in June 2012). The room was small but it served its purpose as a place to sleep and shower. The elevator was slow, so it was a good thing we were only on the second floor. The free breakfast is your standard juice/coffee, cereal and tasteless pastries or the waiting line for time on one of the two waffle makers. The pool is small and only has a few lounge chairs but the beach is right out the back door. I have nothing to either fault or praise, like the title says this hotel was adequate.

Room Tip: Try for rooms on the lower floors, the lift is very slow.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had no reservations this week and ended up staying here for 4 days. The rooms are small, but very clean, and comfy. Continental breakfast included, and both surrounding hotels are almost 200 more per night. has outside clean pool and share white beaches with surrounding hotels.

Room Tip: Stay here. Inexpensive and local to everything.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David A
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Fair hotel. Newly renovated but kinda looks like fresh paint over old blemishes. Beach front room does have balcony big enough for two to sit on. I'll try to include pictures of all. I used points and paid 40$ difference on top of 25000 Choice privileges points/night to get beach front room for 3 nights.

Room Tip: Hotel fairly clean, but could definitely be cleaner. No microwave in my room but small refrigerato...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was disappointed with the stay. The room was really small for myself, wife, and two boys (ages 2 & 3). We were walking on each other. There was NO tub, how do you give young kids like that a shower. The balcony was so small we could barely get on it. One of the two elevators broke on monday and it wasnt fixed until wednesday evening so it was either walk to the other end of the hotel or use the stairs. The spray on the ceiling was peeling off, the bathroom door did not lock, and mold around the shower door. The only good thing about this hotel was the pool. I really learned you get what you pay for. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chad H
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed one night, May 8, on our road trip through the gulf states. John on the front desk was friendly and helpful in suggesting a place for dinner. Please try Wintzell's Oyster House if you get a chance. The location was good, right on the beach; and across the street from the mall where Cafe Beignets is located. The room was clean and comfortable and overlooking the pool. The balcony is standing room only. It perfectly suited our needs for a one night stay.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have stayed at this Sleep Inn several times over the years and have always been satisfied. It has the best prices of all the hotels/motels on the beach. Our room was clean and comfortable, plenty of towels, plenty of space. We couldn't get the water temp quite warm enough, nor was there as much pressure as we like, but it was acceptable. Our room overlooked the Gulf and we always enjoy sitting out on the balcony. We didn't have a fridge or microwave, and I feel that these rooms (Gulf front, king size) should have that. The grounds were kept clean and the area around the pool was really nice with plenty of chaise lounges. Orange Beach doesn't have as much of a partying crowd as Gulf Shores and this was nice. There is a shopping center across the street with a Walmart and grocery store within walking distance. There are a few restaurants withing walking distance, but that consists of Mexican, Pizza, Asian, Italian..... When we go to the beach, we want seafood. We went to Hazel's across the street (have had breakfast there before and weren't impressed), but didn't feel like the atmosphere or quality of food justified the price posted for the seafood buffet, so we left and had to drive down the road..... The continental breakfast was okay, but they need to go on and provide eggs and meats. The front desk clerk told us that was in the works. For now, they have cereal, danish & bagels, waffles, fruit, and yogurt. Plenty to get us going. Staff was friendly for the most part. Would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: I have had an occasion with another beachfront hotel where I booked online and not directly through...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple