“Great location right on the Gulf”

Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This motel is in a great location on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. There appears to be no negative failout from last years oil spill. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is just average - pastries, etc. The rooms are a little small, but comfortable. No smoking - which is a plus. The motels along the beach, seem a little less accomadating to their customers, perhaps because of their location. This place is recommended if you need a place to sleep for the night, but if you are going for a longer stay, you will probably need something nicer.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 14, 2011

This property is not a "resort", however is a very good value for for those of you wanted to stay at a beachfront property. I am in the hotel industry and noted that there were a few "spring breakers" during our one night stay, but most were very quiet and orderly. One young man dropped a beer in the elevator we were on, but noted that it was quickly cleaned. This property seems to have a lot of traffic, so can be challenged with maintenance issues. Our room was very clean and seemed to be in good repair, although compact, it served our purpose. The staff was good and quick to respond to any request. The location was excellent for our stay. Breakfast is standard fare, but good for continental breakfast standards.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PoodleBuddy
Reviewed September 18, 2010

To me, when I travel especially for leisure purposes its important to be comfortable where you stay. My husband and I do not get away very often at all. (Have 3 young girls) We wanted a nice place on the water that didn't break the bank. We choose sleep inn on the beach. I was confused after checking in and coming to our room to learn the room/ bedding looked nothing like what was in the pictures online. We had a king room. It was nice to have a room with a partial view of the gulf. I immediately walked over to the sliding glass doors and open them and the handle came off in my hand. The a/c barely cooled and our sliding wooden bathroom door was broken and didn't close. We sucked it up for a little while and just tried to unwind a bit and enjoy the view after driving 10 hours to get here.

After the a/c still was not cooling I decided to call to the front desk and see about getting another room. The clerk gave me keys to two other rooms, both of which were in the exact same shape as the one we had. When I went back to the desk she offered me a fan and told me she would get the maintenance man to our room to check the a/c the next day. That was yesterday and we still have yet to see the maintenance man. We have spent as much time as possible out of this hotel and room, and now I just can't wait to get out of here. I would not normally complain but upon waking up uncomfortable again this morning, I am just ready to leave. If maintained properly and updated this property has such positive potential. Its a shame they have allowed it to get as run down as it has gotten. Now, at 6am after 2 un-restful nights sleep I am just ready to leave. Next time, (which we plan on bringing our girls) we will stay at a nicer place or just get a condo. Don't spend your hard earned money here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Great location...right on the beach. Close to shopping, lots of places to eat. ( I recommend Docs...yummy food and good service)
there are capret stains and the elevator is a little slower, but truely in the scheme of life...thats not a big deal. It is a older hotel.
We stayed in a suite (beautiful room & it was clean and fabulous view)
breakfast was ok
only irration...asked for a late check out (last day with husband before being deployed...) night guy said 12:00, but I could double check with the morning person (happened to the manager) and could possibly stay in until 1.
When i asked, he abruptly and honestly rudely said....we dont do late check outs. (not Im sorry we arent able to do that...just "we dont do late check outs)
so we left at 12 because I was already told.....

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Stayed here for only a short weekend stay. I was able to get a great price! Was better than other hotels that weren’t even on the beach. Hotel room was clean and the front desk staff were friendly. The elevator was a little noisy, but it got you from point A to B. The only downside was that there were a couple of families with small children on our floor and they let them run up and down the hall, but I can’t blame poor parental supervision on the hotel! Probably would not recommend this hotel for an extended stay of 5 or more days since the rooms are just average size, but was great for a quick weekend. Keep in mind this is a cheaper hotel, and not a luxury stay...you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amyeliza7
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Very clean, convient, and low price. Would stay again. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chnpage
Reviewed August 15, 2010

For my stay in Orange Beach I was of course looking for a hotel on the beach, and this fit the bill. Of course it isn't the grandest place on the water but it is average priced and you get an average hotel. My room was very satisfactory, it was clean and everything was functioning properly. At a location such as this, how much time do you spend in your room anyway? The staff that I encountered were very friendly. I spent the majority of my time wandering the beach and exploring the area, including the many beach shops. I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo