We picked Island House for a weekend stay, mainly to avoid extra fees associated with condos since it was just the two of us. We were expecting to have the average hotel experience, but this one is a definite "will be back."
The hotel staff were very friendly. While we didn't have much interaction with the staff other than at check-in and check-out time, they were all very pleasant and seemed more than willing to help with any needs.
The on-site cafe had breakfast buffet on Sunday, with your standard fare. While we didn't try any of the room-service offerings, the prices looked very reasonable - even lower than we expected for a hotel of similar quality. To us, that is a value that will bring customers back.
There were a number of teenagers and parents in for the weekend for a soccer tournament, but they were never a distraction. The hotel was always quiet and clean. The pool was equally clean and quiet. If there was a hot-tub/spa on-site, we missed it. It would have been a nice extra, but its absence didn't affect us negatively.
We'll return to Island House again, and we'll certainly tell friends who are looking for a nice, quiet place to get away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton is well-known for providing an atmosphere that is both distinctive and uncommon; your family vacation, a relaxing getaway, your special event, reunion, or corporate event will feel exceptional. Every room in our hotel is Gulf Front and offers views of our beautiful emerald waters and our famous sugar-white sands. Each of our beachfront rooms provides personal balconies and newly-renovated amenities that will make your stay feel perfect. The Hotel is nestled directly on 336 feet of beachfront. Cushioned loungers with umbrellas are offered in front of the property, and a boardwalk from the pool takes you a few feet from the water. Located near Alabama Point and Perdido Pass, Island House rests at the main bay where the Intracoastal Waterway meets the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf’s largest charter boat fishing fleet, many sailboats, yachts and recreational watercraft set sail right before our eyes each day. Most importantly, our culture of customer service, attention to detail, location and amenities make a great combination for the perfect stay for work or play. Come see why Island House Hotel is a favorite beach spot in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and is considered one of the jewels of the Gulf Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach
- Island Hotel Orange Beach
- The Island Hotel