All reviews rooms face the penthouse mini fridge great view shrimp basket corner room very nice hotel breakfast buffet nice pool private balcony labor day weekend ocean view coffee maker gulf of mexico off season spring break beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice location for a few beach days, as all the rooms face the ocean. Older hotel not quite Doubletree standards, could use a facelift. Feet turned black from the carpets. Being a Bacardi drinker, they were out of it along with Maker's Mark and other liquor for 3 days! Instead of someone going to buy everything they were out of, its was just sorry we're out, until the delivery a few days from now. Went offsite to other establishments to have my drink of choice, so they lost some big bar bills for 3 days from us. Left a message for the GM upon my departure to give some feedback on this, she was at a conference. Left a voicemail 2 days later and then again 5 days later and still no response. Breakfast was average at best. Next visit to the area will be at another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
leslieh1913, General Manager at Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Doug D,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to learn of concerns regarding your recent stay here at The Island House Hotel and would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed. I trust you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards. Please be assured that the issues raised have been investigated and appropriate action has been taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. We do pride ourselves in our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely based on this particular experience. As a gesture of goodwill, in an effort to regain your confidence in our services we will honor your honors account with 10000 points.
Thank you again for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to The Island House in the near future.

With Warmth,
Leslie Hayes

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is great. Every room has an ocean view and a balcony. Also beachfront. The staff was courteous. Only downside was the pool wasn’t super clean, had some stuff floating in it. Also, they were out of pool towels but the gentleman at the front desk found some for us. The breakfast was not good. I originally order a breakfast panini with turkey, egg and cheese. The Panini is served with the eggs on top of the sandwich. So the bread is soggy. I have no idea why they do it that way. The waitress was very nice about though and tried to make it right. Luckily, we had breakfast coupons so it was free. My husband had an omelette and enjoyed his. I will go back to this hotel. Just probably won’t eat breakfast there again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
JenniferC8573, Front Office Manager at Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear sheainal,

Thank you very much for the review! We are glad that your enjoyed your stay with us. We will work hard to address the issues you noted, thank you for letting us know. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've stayed at this hotel from time to time over the years. It is now a Hilton Double Tree and has recently been refurbished. It has an excellent location on the beach and every room has a balcony. No issues except that because it is an older hotel the air units are on the balcony which can be noisy or hot at times. They do work well and in the room it is quiet. Not much they could do to change that I suppose without tearing out the walls and retrofitting new ducts. Not a real problem. Well run hotel. Staff is nice. Bartenders nice. Restaurant is okay for breakfast or lunch. All in all I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Go744070, Public Relations Manager at Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear JPJin2018

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacations with us over the years, we are thrilled that you enjoy our hotel! It is a pleasure to note how much you enjoyed your stay here with us at Island House. We recently underwent an extensive renovation and we're glad to see our efforts are noticed. We hope to have you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived 2 days before the storm had some initial fun at the beach. The view was ok on the second floor had to stand up to see the ocean. Would suggest asking for a higher floor. Staff was very accommodating once the storm arrived.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Go744070, Public Relations Manager at Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We recommend putting a request in for a higher floor and we will accommodate if able. We appreciate your review and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My family and I did not want to leave. It felt like a home away from home. ❤️ The property is gorgeous and very clean. The staff there treated my family and I very well. They definitely made our stay memorable! We frequently ate at the Beachside Bistro for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. It was nice that they had food on the property because we could worry less about what we were going to eat and focus more on playing with our kids and having fun at the pool and beach! Despite, Tropical Storm Gordon, our vacation was perfect! Thank you for everything and hopefully, one day we can visit again! P.S. I recommend the Pulled Pork Tacos - they are delicious!!

Room Tip: All the rooms face the ocean! No room is a bad room!
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family

We're glad to see that you had a great stay! Our friendly staff always enjoys reading reviews like yours and we appreciate you taking the time to write your review.