We sprang for the 10th floor penthouse and would have been happier staying down the street at a Best Western. The pool never cleared up in 7 days. Six feet of water and I never saw the bottom. The bar opened later than posted and the young ones waited patiently for the virgin drinks until well after 2:00 in the afternoon. Stay at the beach and decide to sit in their chairs and expect to pay an additional $5/hr, $20/ day. We were already paying $250/nite.
The pull out sofa was worn out and when we ask for help, they told me to file a formal complaint and it would be fixed after we left. THANKS! When I asked for a roll-away for the young one (2 1/2) they said OK at a rate of $11 + tax/nite. Sorry not good enough. They ended up giving us the roll-away after speaking to the manager, THANKS!.
We stayed here two years ago and were pleased with our visit. but, I won't be back. If this is what they rate as #1, I'll settle for #2 next time and save $700. For the rates they charged, one might expect breakfast in bed rather than a group of 15 engineers reserving the bar area in the middle of the day and the staff telling the remaining 435 guests to wait patiently until 2:00 and they will try and fix that drink you politely asked them for at 12:00. Which will cost you from 3.50 - 4.50 depending on which one fixes it. It's not about the money! You ask your 2 1/2 year old to wait 2 hours for something she's been waiting on since 9 a.m. She will be asleep in the room by 2:00.
We resorted to sleeping on the floor,(the kids I mean), as one would always steal the others blanket. I called late to get a top sheet and a blanket for the other. As they lay close to nodding off, the items arrived. I arched the top sheet and next the blanket. As the blanket opened, a teacup of sand flew over all our bedding and furniture. The next hour was spent cleaning the room. THANKS. Nice washing machine.
That's the half of it. Enough. Think twice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton is well-known for providing an atmosphere that is both distinctive and uncommon; your family vacation, a relaxing getaway, your special event, reunion, or corporate event will feel exceptional. Every room in our hotel is Gulf Front and offers views of our beautiful emerald waters and our famous sugar-white sands. Each of our beachfront rooms provides personal balconies and newly-renovated amenities that will make your stay feel perfect. The Hotel is nestled directly on 336 feet of beachfront. Cushioned loungers with umbrellas are offered in front of the property, and a boardwalk from the pool takes you a few feet from the water. Located near Alabama Point and Perdido Pass, Island House rests at the main bay where the Intracoastal Waterway meets the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf’s largest charter boat fishing fleet, many sailboats, yachts and recreational watercraft set sail right before our eyes each day. Most importantly, our culture of customer service, attention to detail, location and amenities make a great combination for the perfect stay for work or play. Come see why Island House Hotel is a favorite beach spot in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and is considered one of the jewels of the Gulf Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach
- Island Hotel Orange Beach
- The Island Hotel