My wife and I stayed here at The island House during and after a conference that was held here. We actually upgraded our room from a standard to an executive, and it was well worth it. The room was large, the bed comfortable, and the service was very good. The conference facilities were excellent and large, but was not so large as to lose that intimate, family atmosphere. All of the rooms are gulf-front, including the restaurant. The only disappointment was that the restaurant was only available for breakfast and lunch, but not for dinner, although with all of the great choices in Orange Beach, it was not much of a loss. This hotel is very well priced, the amenities nicely appointed, and the beach is spectacular. We almost had the beach all to ourselves! Many thanks to Pat, the waitress in the restaurant who took care of us at breakfast and poolside lunch! You just don't get that style of quality service much anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton is well-known for providing an atmosphere that is both distinctive and uncommon; your family vacation, a relaxing getaway, your special event, reunion, or corporate event will feel exceptional. Every room in our hotel is Gulf Front and offers views of our beautiful emerald waters and our famous sugar-white sands. Each of our beachfront rooms provides personal balconies and newly-renovated amenities that will make your stay feel perfect. The Hotel is nestled directly on 336 feet of beachfront. Cushioned loungers with umbrellas are offered in front of the property, and a boardwalk from the pool takes you a few feet from the water. Located near Alabama Point and Perdido Pass, Island House rests at the main bay where the Intracoastal Waterway meets the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf’s largest charter boat fishing fleet, many sailboats, yachts and recreational watercraft set sail right before our eyes each day. Most importantly, our culture of customer service, attention to detail, location and amenities make a great combination for the perfect stay for work or play. Come see why Island House Hotel is a favorite beach spot in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and is considered one of the jewels of the Gulf Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your The Island House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach
- Island Hotel Orange Beach
- The Island Hotel