Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Alabama
“Convenient hotel”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was convenient for our overnight stay.. There was no fridge or microwave in the room. Buffet breakfast was rather pricey. Bedding was very clean and bed comfortable. Bathroom clean as well.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank PlainjaneAlabama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I stayed here for my son's baseball tournament. The hotel was in a good location but my family and I will not be staying here ever again. The first turn off was how the hotel immediately charged me for my room. I feel like their service lacks because they have already collected their money. The second problem i had was my television remote batteries were out and they sent security to replace them, which would not have been a bad thing had he not come completely in the room and I was already dressed for bed. The third thing was how housekeeping did not thoroughly clean the rooms. The bathtub was full of sand everyday. The worst part of our stay was the day we left. We realized my son's $200 headphones were missing. He did not use the headphones the entire trip and they never left the hotel room. We called the hotel to report the missing item and it took them three days to contact me back. They swore no one took them but housekeeping were the only ones who had access to my room and our things. I asked to speak to a manager and I am still waiting on the call. Stealing must happen regularly at this hotel because they felt the need to put up a sign on the back of the door saying they are not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you visit this hotel please keep your valuables in the safe!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
11 Thank Dgilbert20
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at The Island House. They have a great front desk staff and rooms are always nice and overlook the ocean, however, this time there was a huge stain on our bedcovers - not quite sure what it was...The hotel is within walking distance to a few restaurants and Zeke's Marina and the beach is never too crowded since the hotel is not extremely large. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay on one of the upper floors so you view of the ocean will not be obstructed by the palm trees lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lanukvi
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This was my 3rd time back! I love it there. It makes me feel like I'm at the beach. I'm extremely cautious with hotels! I always read a review, and that's why I'm giving this place a 5! Thank you to the nice Bell Hop, he even offered to fill out cooler up with ice! We checked out and went to the beach our last day, and that's when he offered to take our cooler inside for us for ice! He was so nice. We love the beach area because unlike the Condo's it is not overcrowded. Everyone had space! We had our own sand chair so we were right in the edge if the water. The Island House is walking distance from The Shrimp Basket. We went there 3 out of 4 nights. We love it there and hope to go back before Winter!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank LeonardHJ
Highland Village, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at the Island House Hotel in July and had an awesome vacation. Front desk staff, bell hop, housekeeping, restuarant staff, absolutely everyone, was super friendly and helpful in every way. Holly, a waitress in the restuarant, even took the time to remember our grandkids names and made them feel special every time we saw her. The hotel, and our room, was clean and we were even offered extra towels by housekeeping one rainy afternoon. Even our balcony was clean! Our beds and pillows were super comfortable and the hotel has in-room safes. This is a family friendly hotel but also good for couples. The bartender makes some wonderfully delicious adult fruity drinks which are great for sipping by the pool. We loved this place and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wagshaus
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have been going to the Island House for at least 15 years! It is a great size(not too big - not too small) with every room having an ocean front view! It is very family oriented but also romantic for couples.The staff is amazing! And don't forget to have breakfast in the lovely restaurant! We wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else on the Alabama Coast!

Room Tip: If you can get an upper floor, the view is simply amazing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lewisville, TX
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Island House is a great hotel for the price. Located directly on the beach, it has the lowest price of any surrounding hotels. All of the rooms have an ocean view. We stayed on an upper view and had a beautiful unobstructed view. The rooms are clean and tastefully decorated. The bed could have been a bit more comfortable, but I have slept on much worse. The hotel employees are very friendly and very helpful. I would happily stay here again. My only wish is that the on-site restaurant would stay open longer. It closes at 4pm and it would be very nice if it was open for dinner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends