We just returned from our beach vacation June 21, 2013! I picked the Island House because the rate was better than the hotels I had stayed at before. Last year the Hampton was $169 and this year it was $289, too much. The Island House had $199 for two queen beds! The hotels rooms all face the beach and beach front is important to my family. We like to be able to see the ocean and be able to walk down to the beach from our hotel and having a pool and a bathroom that is not public. This hotel is older but still is in good shape and being maintain very well. The staff was very nice and we did use the porter for our luggage and he was so nice and very accommodating! Our room was clean and that is important to my family! I did have an issue with the toliet on one day but the maintenance came and fixed it quickly! We ate breakfast in the hotel cafe three mornings, because the buffet was very reasonably priced and the wait staff was so friendly and by the third day, remembered my family and what we preferred to order!! We enjoyed the beach and the pool each day! All was so nice and not crowded! We had no issues at all and we will return to this hotel again!! Thanks for a happy, stress free vacation!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton is well-known for providing an atmosphere that is both distinctive and uncommon; your family vacation, a relaxing getaway, your special event, reunion, or corporate event will feel exceptional. Every room in our hotel is Gulf Front and offers views of our beautiful emerald waters and our famous sugar-white sands. Each of our beachfront rooms provides personal balconies and newly-renovated amenities that will make your stay feel perfect. The Hotel is nestled directly on 336 feet of beachfront. Cushioned loungers with umbrellas are offered in front of the property, and a boardwalk from the pool takes you a few feet from the water. Located near Alabama Point and Perdido Pass, Island House rests at the main bay where the Intracoastal Waterway meets the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf’s largest charter boat fishing fleet, many sailboats, yachts and recreational watercraft set sail right before our eyes each day. Most importantly, our culture of customer service, attention to detail, location and amenities make a great combination for the perfect stay for work or play. Come see why Island House Hotel is a favorite beach spot in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and is considered one of the jewels of the Gulf Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach
- Island Hotel Orange Beach
- The Island Hotel