This place is an older establishment yet has many amenities like newer ones. All rooms face the gulf. There is a small cafe on the ground floor that serves breakfast and lunch. We had breakfast there one day and received a hearty amount of food for a good price. They also have a buffet on weekends and a bar on the premises.
Most rooms are the same in regards to style and space. This trip we opted for a penthouse suite on the tenth floor. They have a lot more space with 2 seperate rooms and 2 bathrooms. All the suites on the 10th floor cost more yet I believe are well worth it when compared to other hotels that may offer penthouse suites.
There is a nice size pool and ample lounger space around the pool as well. The white sand beach is the best around and offers countless hours to enjoy the sun and water.
The staff is always helpful with info about the surrounding areas including restaurants and pubs / bars. Its location is close to many good restaurants and Gulf Shores as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton is well-known for providing an atmosphere that is both distinctive and uncommon; your family vacation, a relaxing getaway, your special event, reunion, or corporate event will feel exceptional. Every room in our hotel is Gulf Front and offers views of our beautiful emerald waters and our famous sugar-white sands. Each of our beachfront rooms provides personal balconies and newly-renovated amenities that will make your stay feel perfect. The Hotel is nestled directly on 336 feet of beachfront. Cushioned loungers with umbrellas are offered in front of the property, and a boardwalk from the pool takes you a few feet from the water. Located near Alabama Point and Perdido Pass, Island House rests at the main bay where the Intracoastal Waterway meets the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf’s largest charter boat fishing fleet, many sailboats, yachts and recreational watercraft set sail right before our eyes each day. Most importantly, our culture of customer service, attention to detail, location and amenities make a great combination for the perfect stay for work or play. Come see why Island House Hotel is a favorite beach spot in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and is considered one of the jewels of the Gulf Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach
- Island Hotel Orange Beach
- The Island Hotel