We arrived in Orange Beach on the last Saturday in July and had reservations at the Sleep Inn on the beach. It turned out to be a dump so we were referred to the Island House Hotel by someone at the Hampton where we tried to move. We drove on to Island House and the two guys working the desk were extremely accommodating! We got a room here for barely any more than the rate would have been at the awful place. Our room was dead center on the 8th floor and was awesome! My first impression as we entered the room was wow, it looked like an old-world Caribbean resort. Absolutely beautiful furniture and very clean. Every room faces the Gulf and has a balcony. Blackout drapes and a great a/c. Our room happened to be an accessible room so the bathroom was large, but the sink area was small with not much counter space (my only complaint). It was great to walk across the boardwalk to the private beach--never crowded. Beach loungers with umbrellas are available for rental and the guys were always helpful and ready to rearrange the umbrella as the sunlight shifted. Close to restaurants and stores but away from the crowded areas. Oh, and did I mention that they have porters to help with your bags? What a wonderful service! When we come back to Orange Beach, this is definitely where we will be staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton is well-known for providing an atmosphere that is both distinctive and uncommon; your family vacation, a relaxing getaway, your special event, reunion, or corporate event will feel exceptional. Every room in our hotel is Gulf Front and offers views of our beautiful emerald waters and our famous sugar-white sands. Each of our beachfront rooms provides personal balconies and newly-renovated amenities that will make your stay feel perfect. The Hotel is nestled directly on 336 feet of beachfront. Cushioned loungers with umbrellas are offered in front of the property, and a boardwalk from the pool takes you a few feet from the water. Located near Alabama Point and Perdido Pass, Island House rests at the main bay where the Intracoastal Waterway meets the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf’s largest charter boat fishing fleet, many sailboats, yachts and recreational watercraft set sail right before our eyes each day. Most importantly, our culture of customer service, attention to detail, location and amenities make a great combination for the perfect stay for work or play. Come see why Island House Hotel is a favorite beach spot in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and is considered one of the jewels of the Gulf Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach
- Island Hotel Orange Beach
- The Island Hotel