My husband and I just came back from a week long trip in Orange Beach. The condo we wanted wasn't available for the first night of our trip so we stayed here since it was the closest hotel to the condo. We had a standard King room on the third floor near the eastern end. Booking over the phone was quick and easy and the person with whom I spoke was friendly. Check in was also quick and painless and the two front desk staff were nice. The room was spacious and had the king bed with nightstands on either side, a small writing desk with chair, an occaisional chair, and a coffee station stand. The bathroom showed signs of aging, but I liked that there were two sections of it; one with tub/shower, toilet, and sink, then another sink area separated by a door. The tub drained ridiculously slow. I showered that night and after waiting probably 10 minutes or more, my husband decided to wait til the morning to take his as the tub was still full of water. The bed and bedding were comfortable. Every room does have a balcony but they are pretty narrow so as one reviewer mentioned, you can't sit and see over the railing since you're so close to it. But the view when standing is exceptional. Since we only stayed one night I really didn't notice any serious issues. If this hotel were located anywhere else that didn't sit directly on the beach, I would consider it around a $99-$139/night hotel; nice, but nothing to write home about. But ON the beach that price doesn't really exist so $199 isn't so bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton is well-known for providing an atmosphere that is both distinctive and uncommon; your family vacation, a relaxing getaway, your special event, reunion, or corporate event will feel exceptional. Every room in our hotel is Gulf Front and offers views of our beautiful emerald waters and our famous sugar-white sands. Each of our beachfront rooms provides personal balconies and newly-renovated amenities that will make your stay feel perfect. The Hotel is nestled directly on 336 feet of beachfront. Cushioned loungers with umbrellas are offered in front of the property, and a boardwalk from the pool takes you a few feet from the water. Located near Alabama Point and Perdido Pass, Island House rests at the main bay where the Intracoastal Waterway meets the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf’s largest charter boat fishing fleet, many sailboats, yachts and recreational watercraft set sail right before our eyes each day. Most importantly, our culture of customer service, attention to detail, location and amenities make a great combination for the perfect stay for work or play. Come see why Island House Hotel is a favorite beach spot in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and is considered one of the jewels of the Gulf Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach
- Island Hotel Orange Beach
- The Island Hotel