Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton
HIExpress.com
$334
$314
BestWestern.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach(Orange Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
$205
$191
$261
$241
Perdido Beach Resort(Orange Beach)
$289
SpringHill Suites Orange Beach at The Wharf(Orange Beach)(Great Value!)
$231
$202
Caribe Resort(Orange Beach)
Vacatia.com
Palm Beach(Orange Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooms facethe penthouseshrimp basketmini fridgegreat viewprivate balconyvery nice hotelnice poolbreakfast buffetocean viewcoffee makergulf of mexicogreat place to stayoff seasonflora bamaspring breakbeach
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Clean rooms, three elevators, very quiet and SUPER breakfast buffet. The beach is wide and very clean. Prices are good and staff is very friendly. No sand in the hotel - which is rare. Pool is very nice too. Priced well. 7th floor view was perfect.

4  Thank Mark R
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Island House this past weekend and I will never recommend it to anyone. The staff is unprofessional and the housekeeping is pathetic. Our room trash was never taken out and the bedding was not changed. I chose this hotel because it was affordable and I wanted a room with a balcony. Unfortunately, the railing on the balcony is too high to actually be able to sit and see over it. The staff was not intelligent enough to properly run my card and had to credit my account in order to charge me the correct amount; however, another staff member had to re-adjust my account because I was charged too much. After leaving the world's worst vacation, I check my account to realize I was charged $260 by this hotel. I spoke with the guest services manager, Kane --, and was informed a chair was broken in our room. To my knowledge, nothing had been broken. It doesn not sit well with me that this place charged me without letting me know and especially that much money for cheap furniture. Kane -- was rude to me and spoke down to me because I am a female. He was unprofessional and down right rude. I wish I had never gone on vacation. Please listen to my warning and look elsewhere. I would have stayed at a much nicer place had I known how much The Island House Hotel would end up taking from me!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Erin G
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here on July 2 and 3 - checked out on July 4th. Positives - Nice hotel staff and lobby, hotel is beach front, great view of beach from room, comfy pillows/bed. Negatives - Housekeeping: found a beer cap next to the desk and a straw wrapper behind the chair on our first night and neither was removed the next day after housekeeping "cleaned", also my son dropped some cracker crumbs in the hallway outside our room on the first night and they were still there when we checked out; balcony door was rusty, tub was EXTREMELY SLOW to drain, towels were thin. I felt the room was a bit pricey considering the cleaniness and rust. We made this choice over a newer hotel for one reason - direct beach access. For that reason, I would stay here again in a bind, but for the price, I would try to find some place else first.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We had reservations for the 7,8,9,10 of July.. As we were looking for hotel my husband said look at that hotel... Not in a good way. As we checked in there was a leak on the 6th floor and was pouring in the lobby. We get out room on the 4th floor and the leak was pouring out of our vents and our carpet was soaked. I went to the front desk and was told that they could not move us and that the maintenance man would come to our room and soak up the carpet. That never happen. I also called and the girl was short with me and said they would b there. Again never happen. Saturday they have a pool party that was nice and the Sand Bar was open.. But it was closed Sunday and Monday! I talked to other guest and said the hotel had gone down. The balcony to your room is not great. The doors are rusty and nothing special. I will not go back...I did complain at checkout and got a small discount....

4  Thank Tylerbug1
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Negative first (cause that is what everybody is always looking for anyway)-
The cheapest rooms do not come with minifridge/microwave or anything like that.

Positives-
-Great customer service. I called to get reservations for a friday and saturday night. They were full on friday night but saturday was available. I asked her about the two night minimum, she said that since the two nights I wanted were not available, I wouldn't have to get the two nights. GREAT!
-We got into town around 10am with check-in at 3:00. The gentleman at the front desk pointed out all of the hotel amenaties (pool, beach, live music, and they were also haveing a cook-out at the pool which we were able to enjoy) and told us to take full advantage of them and to check back around noon to see if a room had opened up.
-All rooms are beach front
-spacious rooms. My wife and I went with another couple and there was plenty of room for us and our stuff.
-right across the street from The Shrimp Basket. Ate there for lunch on saturday and sunday. On sunday they had AYCE fried shimp w/ 2 sides for $10.99!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends