“Peaceful Getaway”
other travelers have booked this property
Front of house
Back of house canal from back of house/dock runs length of yard/fence on dock has been removeed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Back of house
dolphin in canal
Gulf sunrise view from master bedroom deck
Master bedroom sitting area
kitchen
kitchen
Gulf beach access
Queen 2 floor bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dahlonega, Georgia
“Peaceful Getaway”
Reviewed August 3, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Second Nature was perfect for our family vacation. My son loved fishing in the river behind the house! It is just a short walk to the beach which was beautiful and felt so private--rarely were there more than two other families for as far as we could see.

The house was comfortable and had everything we needed to grill out and cook family meals. We brought along some DVDs just in case of rain, and had family movie night.

Star, the owner, was responsive to questions and helpful with suggestions on where to eat or what to do in the area. We especially enjoyed lunch at Fisherman's Corner and the Naval Air Museum.

I hope we'll be able to come back again soon!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved watching the fish and birds from the dock in the backyard.
Liked least: The jellyfish! (But, that certainly wasn't anything that could've been predicted/prevented.)
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
Aug 6, 2015
So glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your wonderful review.
Raeanne M
“Great place to relax and bring your boat too!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Property was represented perfectly in the photos and information on the web site. It was well taken care of and supplied with all amenities as stated. Really enjoyed the privacy and being able to keep our boat docked right at the property. Would definitely recommend the property to friends and plan on staying there again in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Private boat dock
Liked least: Creaky floors
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
Aug 19, 2014
Love it when my guest bring their boat! Looking forward to your next visit.
J A
Illinois
“A wonderful relaxing retreat with something for everyone.”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My family of four and my sibling and nephew enjoyed the river retreat. The duplex offered plenty of room for everyone. The kids loved fishing off of the dock when they had free time, and the adults loved having morning coffee on one of the decks or down at the dock. We did walk to the state park beach the first day, early evening; and we were the only ones on the beach, but we preferred the 1/2 mile drive to public access beach. We grilled out and enjoyed eating at the house, which had an updated kitchen. There were also plenty of restaurants to choose from, we really liked the Rib Shack for its delicious and reasonably priced smoked food. The only negative thing was that the bed in the kids room had a wrist band between the sheets and one of the bunks had a hairband behind mattress. Hopefully it was just missed in the wash. We are planning on a return visit.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: peaceful location
Liked least: lots of stairs for weary travelers, cleaning service?
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Aug 19, 2014
Glad that the kids enjoyed the dock. Come back next year!
redheadsr...
“Perfect vacation place for me and my family.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Everything was perfect. Short walk to the beach. Everything was spotless. Wonderful peaceful view from both balconies. Owner checked in on us. 5 stars at a very reasonable rate. My daughter was married on the beach and this was the perfect place to stay. We will definately be back!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 19, 2014
So happy that you enjoyed your vacation.
Gequita R
Nashville, Tennessee
“A little bit of Paradise”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Every year when my family and I vacation, I am always looking for new places to visit. I thought I would venture out this year and ask my Facebook friends of a new place to visit and hands down all of them suggested Gulf Shores/Orange Beach. Am I glad I asked. As soon as I spotted this home, I knew it was for us... Right place and right price. Star (the owner) responded to our request almost immediately and we were on our way to booking it. We ended up getting it for 5 days instead if 7 but we couldn't have asked for a better vacation home. It was as beautiful on the inside as it was the outside. Even my 8 year old granddaughter asked if we could stay here next year and I was like "yes". The balcony overlooks Old River and at night you can see the fish in the river and you might spy a Heron balancing on the pier. My granddaughters loved the outside shower too. My daughter and husband claimed the master bedroom (it had it's own balcony too). The home is beautiful and spacious and Starbia wonderful to work with. I will stay again next year☺️

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jun 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing Second Nature! Hope to hear from you next year.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing