“Shirt sleeve Eatin'!”

Moe's Original Bar B Que
Ranked #2 of 135 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Moe's Original Bar B Que features award-winning Bama-style pulled pork, ribs, wings, turkey and chicken smoked over hardwood served with two unique sauces in addition to Catfish, Mahi Mahi and a Shrimp Moe-Boy sandwich. Additionally, eight to ten traditional Southern sides and tasty desserts are served fresh daily from recipes passed down for generations. Large party takeout orders and full service catering with delivery are also available.
“Shirt sleeve Eatin'!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband & I got the sampler meal for two. It was delicious! It included ribs, pulled pork, chicken, sliced smoked turkey, and wings. We chose baked beans, potato salad, & banana pudding as our three sides. The three sides are not large portions, but we left there completely full. It is totally a no-frills place, with Styrofoam plates and plastic flatware, but we don't mind that one bit. It had a very friendly atmosphere and was not crowded at the time of day we went. We hope to go back while we are in the area.

• Visited October 2013

Mobile, Alabama
“BBQ was just O.K.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Nothing special. No frills. Run-of-the-mill BBQ. Ordinary sides. We like the Rib Shack (across from Flora-Bama) better.

Visited September 2013
Leakesville, Mississippi
“Great BBQ across from the Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very small Counter Service and then sit at a table. They have about 12 tables for customers. Prices are high but probably in line for the location. BBQ sandwich is small for $5.75. I recommend it! Right across from the beach in Orange Beach.

• Visited September 2013
Virginia
“Great BBQ!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I smoke and BBQ meat myself as a hobby for special events like July 4th etc. so I know a little about BBQ. The ribs were above average but not great and I really didn't like their sauce but I'm a SW Virginia boy who likes sweet BBQ sauces made with ketchup & brown sugar bases but I still thought they were very good. I ordered the large order which was only 6 ribs but where I come from you order by half or full rack. I think they sold a full rack for around 24.00 which is way too high. The baked beans were unbeatable and I wish I had their recipe. The coleslaw was the oil and vinegar base which I love and it was great. My wife got the pulled pork BBQ and it was delicious. They had corn bead that they butter and grill on the grill which is very good and a great idea I will take home. Overall, you can't go wrong here for BBQ!!!!

• Visited September 2013
Lexington, Oklahoma
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We choose one of their combo plates. Everything was delicious. This included ribs, chicken, turkey and pork. All moist, well seasoned, tender. I like the side dishes as well. The wings were the best we have ever eaten! Yum, yum. The building is very small, and mostly self serve (you get your own drinks, plastic ware, etc.) but I wasn't expecting fine dining.

We would definitely patronize Moe's again if we return to Orange Beach.

• Visited August 2013