“Tastes as good as it smells”

Moe's Original Bar B Que
Ranked #1 of 146 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Moe's Original Bar B Que features award-winning Bama-style pulled pork, ribs, wings, turkey and chicken smoked over hardwood served with two unique sauces in addition to Catfish, Mahi Mahi and a Shrimp Moe-Boy sandwich. Additionally, eight to ten traditional Southern sides and tasty desserts are served fresh daily from recipes passed down for generations. Large party takeout orders and full service catering with delivery are also available.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The BBQ was fall off the bone delicious.... it may be a "hole in the wall" and off the beaten path but I am so glad that my daughter and I found it. We even had it as leftovers and it was just as good then, too.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Being from Memphis I am always comparing Memphis style BBQ to the BBQ I have when out of town. I stopped at Moes at noon in Feburary and ordered a sandwich plate. I thought the pork was as flavorful and tender as any I get in Memphis (Corkys being my go to at home). The sandwich had enough meat to make 2 healthy sized sandwiches, and came with dill pickle slices on top of the meat. The bun was warmed and served with a small cup of sauce on the side, which was rich, slightly smokey and light enough to use generously without hiding the taste of the pork. The slaw was different from what I'm used to in Memphis, being vinegar based instead of mayo based. I thought it was very good as it was sweet yet tangy, and put some on my sandwich for some crunch (it's a Memphis thing, ya'll!).
The beans were very good, also with a nice smokey flavor. Everything tasted fresh and service was good, just a shirt wait as my sandwich was prepared. The plate came with a drink and was packed to go with care. I will be back to try some of the other sides when I am back in Orange Beach.

2  Thank sandybeaches2001
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I love Moe's pulled pork sandwich! The smell of their bar b que draws you in and doesn't disappoint. Their sides are all great, I'm particularly fond of their mac and cheese, homemade and to write home about.

1  Thank trail19
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The ribs are terrific. Tender but not mushy and not overly sauced. Excellent smokey flavor. Great cole-slaw if you like the non-creamy style. Service is fast and very friendly. Can be a challenge to find but well worth it.

1  Thank Towncourse
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Checked out the small yellow building after a local's recommendation. Did take out. Great value with plenty of food.
Friendly, helpful staff. Pork was smokey and tasty. Even though the sauce was for vinegary than I personally like, was still good. Definitely will return.