We just returned from our stay at the Caribe Resort. Over all, it is a wonderful place to stay, but there are some considerations. We stayed on the third floor overlooking the bay and pools. We had a gorgeous corner unit, with the most wonderful long balcony ever! We had a four bedroom condo and there were ten of us. The "con" about the condo itself was that one of the bedrooms had no bathroom OR even a closet. The other three bedrooms each had a private bathroom. The bathroom for this room was located right next to this room but was only a half bath. Therefore, the occupants of this "bedroom" had to shower in someone else's bathroom. This was very poor planning and extremely inconvenient. Don't know if this is the situation in all the units but was in ours.. We loved the pools, but the lazy river was somewhat disappointing, and this feature was one of the main reasons we chose the Caribe. The "current" was almost non-existent, and it was shallow.
The walk to the beach is excessively long, even after being dropped off by the shuttle. It was easier to take our car to the public beach, where the walk from car to sand was short.
Having no lifeguards was a bit unsettling. One night there were grown young men using the slides. (They were too old and large to be using the slides) They formed a chain, which was clearly stated NOT to do, and when they went down the slides, the whole structure shook. That was scary, and I would not let my grandchildren continue using it, until they were gone. A lifeguard would not have let this continue.
Over all it was a pleasant experience, and if easy beach access is not important, then I would certainly recommend the Caribe. Our condo was beautifully and elegantly decorated, and it was spacious, other than the fourth very small bedroom with no bath. Our children enjoyed the wonderful pools, which are beautiful and fun. It was easy to grill right below our rooms. The elevators were fast and worked well. How to get where is a little confusing when you first get there, but soon is learned. It was be nice if, when you arrive, there was a map of the property telling you how to get around and also what all the features are and where located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribe Resort vacation rentals in Orange Beach, Alabama are truly unlike any other. Located on over 30 pristine acres of a peninsula, Caribe Resort features the most amenities of any lodging on the island. Among Caribe Resort's luxury accommodations you will find an incredible array of pool space, along with stunning vistas of beach front sunsets. Our comforts are designed with fun in mind: over 40,000 sq. feet of pools, lazy river, tennis courts, saunas and steam rooms, game room, private beach cart service, five star restaurant, and much more. If you are looking for a unique vacation idea, our condo rentals provide a ticket to the most relaxing, picturesque, amenities-packed resort Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have to offer. Serving as both a family friendly hotel and honeymoon spot, Caribe Resort will provide an unforgettable vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Caribe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Resort Orange Beach
- Caribe Hotel Orange Beach