“Not for me”

Caribe Resort
Hoover, Alabama
“Not for me”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This would be a wonderful place if they would pay attention to detail. My family of 5 stayed in a penthouse condo for 1 week. The 2 br condo was very nice and beautifully decorated. It has a great amount of space, too. Here are the details that the Caribe misses: dirty bathroom rugs, dirty blanket on bed, toilet in master bath is very hard to flush, matress pad and sheets entirely too small for king bed, so everytime you sit on the bed the sheets come off, no broom in condo, no facial tissues provided, slippery floors ( would be anxious for my aging parents to walk on b/c all 3 of my kids fell near the elevators in the parking deck), both saunas "out of order", large puddles of dirty/standing water outside of all pools, indoor pools smell so chlorinated that it took my breath away, no lifeguards or any staff regularly rounding at pools so you have to put up with a lot of unnecessary behavior from kids and a lot of "visitors" at pools (there is not proof of paying guests at pool). The assigned parking space for this condo is so small that once our car was in the space we weren't able to open our door ( brick wall on either side ). My husband had to crawl over from the passenger side to enter car. The highlight of the condo was the view (bay and Gulf). At times the view was hard to enjoy due to noise from pools. It sounded like we were at an amusement park. My kids did enjoy the pools, slides and lazy river.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from pools if you want to enjoy a quiet view. I would imagine most room have a gr...
2 Thank Mikedandsheilad

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This rental was perfect. We took our daughter and 4 other children. It was clean and accessible to all of the hotel amenities. It had everything you would need for a home away from home. The linens were great and the view was immaculate. Ignore the reviews saying the hotel was loud. It was not. They are doing construction, but this is my number one choice if traveling with children. We had access to multiple pools, jacuzzi tubs, slides, lazy pools, restaurants and it was conveniently located less than 5 minutes from Wal-mart and other restaurants. I will definitely stay here again if we bring children to Orange Beach.

I only had 2 problems, there was an older gentlemen at the front desk that needed to be retrained. He was rude to me and other guests. Secondly, this hotel is not business friendly. As a businessman, my business doesn't stop even on vacation. I went to print some docs at the hotel and I had to send my documents to frontdesk@caribe.com for them to print. If my documents were highly sensitive, then everyone who has access to that email would be able to view it. Keep this in mind for all those traveling on business and need a business center.

The only thing it was missing was a check out check list.

Kodak, Tennessee
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I stayed in a three bedroom overall ok found the guest rooms small and beds uncomfortably also don't let them say it is close to beach because it is not the do have a shuttle service but once they drop you off you have to walk a long ways to the gulf if you want true beach access found resort very clean and well maintained .

2 Thank Dale B
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent a wonderful week in mid May with our extended family at the Caribe Resort and loved every minute! We rented a 3 bedroom unit in the "B" building and were very pleased with the well maintain unit. Plenty of room for our group of 6 ( 4 adults, 2 children). The highlight was the wrap around balcony facing the bay. We spent many lazy afternoons watching the boats sail in and the sunset views were spectacular. Definitely go for a bay view as opposed to a gulf view!! We had no noise issues (we were there during the memorial day holiday) and we never waited more then a few min for an elevator. It was very peaceful at night on our balcony.

The resort was beautiful with lush tropical landscaping and its Caribbean theme. Truly felt like a tropical paradise! The pools are awesome! Loved the zero entry for our toddler and our DS 7 enjoyed endless trips in the lazy river. The pool water was a tad too cool at times, and with the strong breeze off of the gulf, it sometimes got quit chilly! *Bonus* They have a pool side cabana serving burgers, snacks, ice cream, and "adult" beverages. We highly recommend the bushwhackers! :)

We were hesitant to stay at this property since it wasn't beachfront. However, the shuttle is super convenient and just a few minutes down the road. We actually drove ourselves since we were hauling so much beach gear for the kids. It worked out perfect! Do not let beach access deter you from staying here!!

Caribe has a restaurant next door to the property, Cobalt, which was very good. Check out the breakfast buffet in the morning. Super yummy and reasonably priced. They also have a bakery in the lobby with cupcakes and other desserts! There are plenty of other restaurants within a 15 min drive (or 20 min if driving over to gulf shores). We enjoyed Flippers and Tacky Jacks in OB and Lulus was fun for the kids in GS. A grocery store is right down the road

We will definitely return to the Caribe!`

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank dpk1128
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I would like to respond to this post as a current person in bed with a 16 month old. The alarms are going off waking up everyone. I refuse to move. My husband, 11 year old son and 12 year old nephew are freaking out. They are leaving. They were told this happened 3 nights ago as well. Our stay here has been very nice. The place is very clean and well maintained, but I am disappointed that they wouldn't just admit they are having issues with the alarms. Instead they claimed the reviewer wasn't even staying here. How do they know this? I wrote this review with out giving any personal information.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Atmnleves79
Arkansas
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Took a spur of the moment vacation with the family and this place exceeded our expectations. Beautiful condo, very clean, great views. No it isn't on the beach side but they run a shuttle every few minutes or it's just a two block away walk. The kids have several pools to choose from indoor and out, lazy river, hot tubs and more. Staff was helpful when needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Washington, Michigan
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was our 2nd year renting for a 3 month period at the Caribe.. End of December thru end of March. We agree wholeheartedly with the review which states that the Caribe is not being maintained as it used to be. We arrived on Christmas Eve and several times.. I counted seven ...the building alarms went off to evacuate between midnight and early morning.. Being on the 11th floor.. & the fact that they shut the elevators down.. This was a complete nightmare..this reoccurred on New Years morning.. With several alarms sounding between 7 am until late morning..there was no explanation for this other than a software glitch in their system...guests were confused & exhausted dealing with this situation. We found the building to be dirty in spots.. Lights turned off in hallways.. Making them dark & outside lights by hot tubs.. The lazy river was closed down for a period as well..to make matters even worse .. In March I heard a noise while in the shower.. Called out to see if my husband had returned from the workout room with no answer.. Had the tv & shower going.. Stepped out naked from the shower. Grabbed a towel.. Went around the corner to the main room & found a strange man who turned out to be a maintenance man standing there looking at me. To say the least I was traumatized..especially since I had called out .. He must have heard my voice & the tv going.. So why did he not leave immediately or apologize & exit the condo without me having to repeat get out to him 5 times.... Management only upset me more with their attitude towards the incident..basically saying the Caribe has the right to do this in case of an emergency.. But there was NO emergency.. & that all involved were model employees.. We would NEVER stay at this resort again.. Booked somewhere else next year....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple