We just returned from Orange Beach with another family. There were 4 adults and 4 kids sharing one condo. Everyone agreed that it was a great vacation. Coming from the Northeast, not many people know about the beaches in AL. We went during our April break and the place had just emptied out from their spring break. Our week was nice and quiet. We stayed at The Caribe. It is across the street from the beach. But we picked it because it has 8 pools, waterslides, and a lazy river. It also has putty greens, bocce and tennis. It was great for the kids to go and hang out. on their own. When we wanted, we just went across the street to the beach (in a shuttle they provide) and hung out there.
Our condo was beautiful. Although it had 4 bedrooms, none had twin beds so kids had to share beds which they complained about. But the place was really spacious and everyone could "escape" somewhere if necessary.
If you stay at the Caribe, get a unit that doesn't face the parking lot. The trash collector came every morning and made a lot of noise. So if you aren't an early riser, you would be there.
We rented thru Meyer Real Estate. They were really good and even called to do a customer care call to make sure all was well. They are open 24 hours so someone is always available. But renting thru them, we weren't allowed to use the fitness room unless we wanted to pay extra.
Pensacola, FL is only 20 mins away. We went to the air museum which was nice. We also went to downtown Historic Pensacola which was really disappointing. We left shortly after getting there. Definately not worth the trip.
The Wharf area was nice. We went there a couple of times. We had dinner at Ginny Lane's which was great. Everyone loved their food, even the pickiest eater who claimed they had the best Mac and cheese he ever ate.
Overall, I would highly recommend a trip there. It is a great family beach destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribe Resort vacation rentals in Orange Beach, Alabama are truly unlike any other. Located on over 30 pristine acres of a peninsula, Caribe Resort features the most amenities of any lodging on the island. Among Caribe Resort's luxury accommodations you will find an incredible array of pool space, along with stunning vistas of beach front sunsets. Our comforts are designed with fun in mind: over 40,000 sq. feet of pools, lazy river, tennis courts, saunas and steam rooms, game room, private beach cart service, five star restaurant, and much more. If you are looking for a unique vacation idea, our condo rentals provide a ticket to the most relaxing, picturesque, amenities-packed resort Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have to offer. Serving as both a family friendly hotel and honeymoon spot, Caribe Resort will provide an unforgettable vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Caribe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Resort Orange Beach
- Caribe Hotel Orange Beach