We really enjoyed our week here. Family with 8 adults and 3 kids (4,2,2 months) stayed Memorial Week 2012.
The Holdiay weekend (our arrival) was REALLY CROWDED. Had it been this crowded the entire week, I would have been upset. No available chairs at the pool due to people laying towels on chairs starting at 6 am to reserve their spot for the day. Having a 2 month old it was important we had chairs and an umbrella. The beach was also really crowded. This was no longer an issue starting Monday when all the extra people (likely owners just there for the long weekend) went home. Called Maintainence as we had a smoke alarm beeping....they aren't coming so don't waste your time calling. Replaced ourselves and had no other issues.
Lazy River and Pools were just awesome. Such a variety of pool styles that catered to kids old enough to play in the water but not quite ready to swim on their own (but plenty of pool space for the kids that could swim).
We had a wrap around view condo with 4 bedrooms. A view of the lazy river and bay. I did miss the sounds of the ocean (as this is not directly on the beach and you will see a pretty busy road between you and the beach), but we really enjoyed our view. Bit different than our usual ocean front, but very enjoyable. Condo was awesome (website will show you how nice these are...granite, flat screens, trendy furniture). The openess of the living/kitchen/dining area that is surrounded by large glass windows made this so comfortable for us all to spend time together.
Loved the 'on-site' restaurant Cobalt. The wait over Memorial weekend was 2-4 hours. This was not the case the rest of the week. We easily got a table for all 10 of us the following Friday night. Happy Hour was great, but with $6 Mojitos who needs Happy Hour?
Overall, not let down at all. Expected a lot and it delivered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Of all the vacation rentals in the Gulf Shores, Alabama area, the Caribe Resort in Orange Beach boasts the finest and most amenities of any resort along the Alabama Gulf Coast. Situated along pristine, unconstructed shoreline, the Caribe Resort is a treasure among the sugar sand beaches of the northern Gulf of Mexico. Among our luxury accommodations you will find an incredible array of pool space, along with stunning vistas of beachfront sunsets. Our comforts are designed with fun in mind: lazy river, tennis courts, saunas and steam rooms, game room, private beach cart service, restaurant, and much more. If you are looking for a unique vacation idea, our condo rentals provide a ticket to the most relaxing, picturesque, amenities-packed resort Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have to offer. Serving as both a family friendly hotel and honeymoon spot, the Caribe Resort will provide an unforgettable vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Caribe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Resort Orange Beach
- Caribe Hotel Orange Beach