All reviewslazy riverpool areaboat slipshermit crabslabor daybrett robinsonsecurity guardvacation spotlarge poolwill stay there againthe past yearsthe ice makerparking passa great staythe kitchenbedroom condobeach side
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've been coming to Phoenix on the Bay with my family since it first opened many years ago. It was such a great place to bring the kids. This will sadly be our last year. For the past several years it has been taken over by rowdy, obnoxious, drinking-all-day-long, large groups of partyers. They hang in one spot on the lazy river usually with their music playing so loudly that you can hear it in the entire complex. It's hard to get around them while your trying to float in the lazy river and they throw their empties all in the bushes and side of the pool. Just a side note: I never see them get out to go to the bathrooms after all that drinking. YUK!! You cannot even enjoy sitting on your balcony to watch the view because their offensive and not family friendly music and yelling is so loud it's impossible. Security is a joke. They act scared of these people and refuse to do much of anything. It's just ridiculous that these types of people ruin vacations of others who paid the same to stay there and have a good time. I wanted a vacation to get away and relax, not to have a nonstop party atmostphere.

Another issue we encountered: last year when we brought our waverunners with us we were told by security that we should have made reservations for a parking spot for our trailer. So this year when we made reservations in advance I requested a reservation for parking a trailer. We were told on the phone that they don't accept reservations and that it's a "first come first served" parking situation. I was a little ticked about that but we decided that we would be there as soon as check out time for our arrival day was to ensure that we'd have a spot and be the first ones there. We did and were told there were no spots. For the next several days there were no spots and they could not tell us if there would be any openings. Didn't make sense that they wouldn't have a record of who was checking out with trailers. The truth finally came out that there were not going to be any openings because the owners had them all and renters were just out of luck. They don't advertise this bit of information for fear of losing money obviously. We would have definitely gone somewhere else had we known ahead of time. We also had our trailer hitch stolen in the parking garage during our stay.

This place has definitely gone down hill and it's a shame. We used to enjoy this place so much. Never again though will we stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank SunnySarah287
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family and I have gone to the beach EVERY Fourth of July since I was a kid. I visited a friend who owns a condo there and my kids fell in love. It iis perfect for my two small kids because of the small walk-in pool and the water slide. The boys love the lazy river and of course, Mom and Dad do too! We had a beautiful view and our condo was so comfortable. We are already making plans to go back before school starts. We found our new regular thing!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KellyDunbar
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My kids never said the famous words "I'm bored" during our stay at Phoenix on the Bay! There are so many things to do. Tennis, basketball, mini golf, hot tub, indoor pool, 3 outdoor pools, water slide, and a lazy river. We were very pleased with our stay. We enjoyed having a boat slip on site to park our boat during our stay. We would most definitely return to stay at Phoenix on the Bay!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank 1Cajunqueen
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My wife, son, his buddy, and I just came home from this property where we spent Spring Break. Brett Robinson was gracious to let us extend our stay an extra day at a deeply discounted rate.
This is an upscale property, with lush landscaping, and tons of amenities. We rented a 2 bdr., 2 bath unit on the 5th floor. The unit was beautifully decorated and fully equipped kitchen. The beds were very comfortable, and there was plenty of room for the four of us. The boys, both 11, loved the pools, hot tubs, and the water slide. There is a marina on site, and one of our friends who was also there brought his boat and jet ski which he could tie up . There are grills down by the water by the marina, and a fish cleaning station is also on site. This is a great value for a very family-friendly resort conveniently located on Terry Cove in Orange Beach just off the Foley beach Express. We booked online, and it was a simple process. Enjoy!

Room Tip: All rooms face the pools and bay. Parking is very convenient. I prefer being up a few floors to lessen the noise from the pools area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ALgator
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This was my first vacation in four years and it was worth the wait! Brett/Robinson made it so easy! I found them online and then talked with them on the phone and the people were so helpful.
First of all, let me say the photos of our condo did not do it justice. It looked very nice but when we got there, we found the condo to be much larger than anticipated and very nicely decorated. We had an unbelievable view and plenty of room. The amenities were terrific including a lazy river running through the property!
The beaches of Orange Beach are lovely, white sand and clean and so close to our condo.
We had one gloomy day so we went to the outlet mall and shopped til we dropped.
Parasailing was also on the agenda and my kids loved it!
One of the best parts for me, was a local art fair. I found some really unique art. There are many talented artists in Alabama.
I have to say that this was a wonderful trip and Brett/Robinson made it even better with their terrific service and lovely property.
Thank you Brett/Robinson!