“Perfect end to a fabulous week.”

Fisher's at Orange Beach Marina
Ranked #6 of 146 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fisher's at Orange Beach Marina is two restaurants under one roof. Fisher's Upstairs offers upscale dining in a beautiful and relaxed setting. Fisher's Dockside is a more casual option, perfect for kids and families. Both restaurants overlook beautiful Orange Beach Marina. Upstairs opens daily at 5pm and Dockside opens daily at 11am, and 10 am for an outstanding Sunday brunch. Executive Chef Briand is a 2016 James Beard nominee for Best Chef South.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Off the main drag, with a laid back atmosphere. Our party of 8 was treated well with a perfect outdoor dining experience. The food is reasonably priced and delicious. Everyone was raving about their meal. Average service and dessert menu but that doesn't detract from the food and atmosphere. Definitely a place to check out on your trip to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach.

2  Thank Wrongway221

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Well I wasn't planning to review this place as my wife already posted her comments. However, the owner responded to her post and apparently was unaware of the situation as he has some facts wrong.

I took a group to Fishers for my wife's birthday. We had reservations but still had a 30 minute wait for a table. Once seated we were told of the specials. When our server came back she said that they were out of two of the five fish dishes that they served. About two minutes later she came back and reported they were out of another fish leaving just Snapper and Mahi (which was being substituted for the amberjack that they were our of). That is where the owner or server were incorrect. Either in his response to the earlier review or the server was wrong we she told us the grouper was out as well. Needless to say, at that point we decided to leave this seafood eatery because they were basically out of fish. Very disappointing all around.

1  Thank Bbruno78
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Went to Fishers for Dinner. We had the Tuna TarTar. WOW, it was great, the avacado ice cream served with this dish was an unexpected pleasure. I thought it was wasabi, but turned out even better.
I had the filet with scallops, the wife had grilled red snapper. Both dishes were great, perfectly cooked as well.
We also enjoyed a molten chocolate desert, which was filled with goat cheese, sounds strange, but again was delicious. Service was impeccable.

2  Thank fishmoore1
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Thank goodness I remembered Fishers had opened in Orange Beach. Visited while at the beach with our kids, and ate downstairs.
Thoroughly enjoyed it, food was great, coldest beer I've ever had in my life! Service was great, and the seafood platter… No fillers, just a pile of Seafood! Great place!!

4  Thank Fairhopediner
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We ate in the upscale upstairs dining room, and we were wowed from beginning to end. My wife started with the Caprese salad with local tomatoes, while I had the seared Gulf tuna salad. For dinner, she had the appetizer plate of shrimp and grits - which she declared were the best she ver had. Nice touch with the sauce and mushrooms. The shrimp ere cooked perfectly. I had the special, grilled cobia with rice and a light slaw salad. Desert was a must, both because it was her birthday but also because everything was so good. I loved the lemon buttermilk pie and she finished her chocolate lava cake. If you enjoy cocktails, highly recommend their take on a dark and stormy (perfect storm) and their margarita (a saltwater margarita). Again, my wife decided the margarita was the best she has ever had.

The whole upstairs has a very elegant but fun feel. We loved the emphasis on local ingredients, including seafood. We accept that local sometimes means that they run out, and that's ok. We consider that a sign of a restaurant paying attention to freshness and quality.

For a less expensive meal with the kids, we will try the downstairs dockside next time, but will keep going back upstairs for those special nights!

2  Thank Bill W