“Best fishing trip ever”
Review of Tropical Winds Charters - CLOSED

Tropical Winds Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tropical Winds Orange Beach welcomes you aboard! We are pleased to have the opportunity to introduce our boat and invite you aboard to fish the beautiful, unspoiled waters of the Gulf of Mexico. With knowledge based on a lifetime of experience, we assure you a deep-sea fishing adventure that will make for a dandy "fish tale." Specializing in Bottom Fishing and Trolling. Bait, Ice, Tackle, Rods provided.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My daughter and I are not fisher women, but thought a deep sea fishing trip would be something fun to try. Tropical Winds exceeded our expectations! Incredible staff, that gave everyone lots of attention and worked hard to help us catch fish. The boat was really nice and incredibly clean, especially for a fishing boat. I highly recommend this and really liked that people who don't fish and people who do all had a great time!

3  Thank K C

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My son and I booked a trip on July 31st and we had a great time. There was only 9 people fishing on the boat that day. We took off for the fishing grounds and big Mike set up a couple of rods for the ride out and within 5 minutes we had a 25 pound king mackerel hooked up. My son was the first to start reeling it in, it actually took several of us to get it in the boat. It was a total blast. Once we got to the reefs Capt Chris put us on the fish. We must have caught 50 plus snapper, a red grouper, amber jack, shark, and a couple of other species I can't remember. We especially liked the deck hand big mike who is especially good with kids. I would recommend this trip to anyone looking to catch fish without breaking the bank.

3  Thank Matt S
Reviewed July 31, 2013

loved every minute of our time on the boat, capt. chris was awesome and put us right on top of the fish. Every time we dropped our line...we caught a fish and sometimes a double catch. The boat was very clean and Mike was a very nice deck hand. Hardworking for sure. We caught a bunch of fish and it was evenly disbursed and they even filleted some of them in the pouring rain. Awesome boat and awesome capt. and awesome mate:) overall experience was awesome, a day I will never forget. Highly recommend this particular boat:) The McClains loved it:)

3  Thank Crystal M
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Capt Chris and Mike were fantastic. Thx to politic, we missed red snapper season, but capt chris got us to some spots and we all caught a bunch. We even were entertained by a mother dolphin and her baby. They enjoyed some of our fish too. The waters were calm and the day was perfect. We got caught in a storm when we docked and chris and mike stood out in the pouring rain and filed over 100 fish and then evenly distributed them. I love that mike explained what type of fish u reeled in. Will most definitely come back and refer them to friends.

2  Thank jweith
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Took three of my kids on the tropical winds wed July 3rd loved every minute of it capt was very professional and put us on some great fish the whole day.The deck hands were awesome big Mike and Will best in the business will surely book there charter again they are a class act and very kid friendly made it a fun and exciting trip and great fish to take home thanks guys will be back soon.

3  Thank jodydaniels